Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland

moving to Los Angeles, all help most welcome

Hey Gang,

I'm finally moving myself and the company (Datsusara, the hemp MMA gear stuff) to Los Angeles by the end of April/ start of May. My hope is to be on the hip side nearish to HQ, maybe West Hollywood or Los Feliz if I can manage.

I'm new to the area so any tips or help finding a place would be most appreciated. My only big requirements would be less than $2200/month, private yard for my dog to enjoy and a garage or 3rd bedroom for gear storage/home office.

I'm of course using padmapper/CL to look around but if you hear of anything please let me know.

Once I'm down there you guys can pickup gear from us directly at a 10th Planet discount rate

I'm so fucking excited to get my ass down there and start training again with all you fine folk

Hey Chris-

Trying to find a house or something with a yard can be tough in LA. Few recommendations:

-For neighborhoods, I would look at Silverlake (close to gym), Koreatown (mostly apartments but some houses in certain areas) Hancock Park (pricey but lots of houses) and anything south of Wilshire but North of the 10. Culver City also has some good affordable places but it's pretty far from the gym.
    -When looking for places in a specific neighborhood, search by streets. It can help a lot on Craigslist since LA has so many unspecified areas that don't really fall into one neighborhood or another.

Good luck!

Array

School
    yeah i noticed that on CL, that's why Padmapper is so useful. what is hard to tell is how long it would take to get to the gym with traffic, as i know sometimes being 2 miles away could be an hour depending on the route. thanks for the tips on those areas, i suppose if i can't find a home on the cool kids side i could try burbank, seems like the gym there is pretty nice too and there are more homes there. but i'm coming from a short stay in San Jose and i'm a bit sick of strip malls.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Take the time that mapquest tells you and multiply it times two. I used to know the traffic flow on main streets, and then you can time your drive in opposition of commuter traffic to take half as much time to get anywhere.

good luck to you bro

Array

School
    thanks Clinton, maybe see you at HQ if you visit sometime

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    2200 in west hollywood will get you a 2 bedroom and a microscopic yard if you're lucky, listen to Scott, silverlake is prolly the best for ya
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    cool, silverlake sounds fine to me, so long as i can get to the gym without too much hassle, i'm a lazy fuck sometimes when it comes to fighting traffic. looking forward to being there, i'll get you some hemp gi pants too Eddie, they just came in this week

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    I may be back in LA in April. What's a good hotel that is cheap and reasonably safe that is near the academy? I'm traveling alone this time (last time I had my wife and child) so I'm a bit more open to a crappy hotel if it is cheaper.

Array

School
    i stayed at the motel 6 in hollywood with my dog and it was pretty cheap via priceline, not far from HQ. not a nice place but i've seen worse.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast