Thread: Namaste?

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu

Namaste?

I get this alot from Yogi, and even though I just started practicing Yoga like a week ago I have yet to discover it's meaning. Anyone know, I'm curious.

Array

School
    Kombat Sports
    The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "te" means you. Therefore, Namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you."

http://www.yogajournal.com/basics/822

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    and as of right now, I'm currently only watching Sportskool on Demand and Exercise on Demand through TWC. Our gym is going to be offering Yoga classes soon, but does anyone have any good references they use for their practice? Whether through books or DVDs, let me know

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks Michael, that's really powerful stuff then! Namaste!

Hi Nate, I'm a ERYT (Experienced registered yoga teacher) through Yoga Alliance International. The best book I have in my collection is The Ashtanga Yoga Manual by David Swenson (youtube the guy he's amazing). It goes through the whole range of poses, gives alternative poses for beginners/injuries, and shows the advanced form of the asanas (poses). If you have any questions I'd be glad to help.

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    Bobby, I'll have to find that book now. Can it be purchased at a B&N or a Borders? Thanks for the help by the way, what do you mean it has poses for injuries? I've been a little tight on money, but I've had this constant pressure in my left knee. Think it'll have something in there to help with that?