Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys

This shit is fucking unfair

This is the biggest bullshit ever. How the fuck does the UFC and athletic commission let 230 pounders compete at 170? What is the point of the weight class than? Weight classes are there to protect the fighter and create a competitive environment. In these days fighters are taking unfair advantage of weight cutting and ruin the sport for fighters and viewers. Who the fuck wants to watch Anthony Johnson trying a high school neck crack while huffing and puffing on Dan Hardy, who needs to drop to bantam fucking weight in order to be competitive. WTF man!

Array

School
    Finney's in St. Louis! H.I.T. Squad in Granite City!
    It's not anthony johnson's fault dan hardy has 0 wrestling skill... Anyone who can wrestle would be able to wear down anthony johnson in the first round because he cuts so much weight.
    Frankie Edgar doesn't cut weight and is dominant in his weight class because of this.
    I agree tho, rumble should move up 2-3 weight classes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Dan might want to go to k1, if he can't start to defend a takedown!

Array

School
    None
    That fucking fight...
    "Gee, sure hope Hardy will pull Rubber Guard"
    He fucking pulled London. I lost all hope.

Not to hate on hardy.. nice guy.. exchanged a few words with him in Montreal.. but he really is the UFC's way to push the British market.

As far as weight cutting.. its part of the sport.. extreme weight cutting isn't something new.. Dan hardy if capable could have worn Johnson out.. because he does cut an incredible amount of weight.. he couldn't.

Not sure about other states but in Texas.. high school wrestlers aren't aloud to cut weight.. you'll be disqualified if they suspect that you've cut weight.. and they do plenty of urine samples to check for hydration etc.. does that stop people from cutting weight.. no.. but you can't cut an obvious amount.. more like 10-15ish max.. depending on weight class. Now if something even more strict was put in place you could prevent weight cutting in mma more or less.. but I guarantee you won't get the outcome you desire.. everything would be incredibly skewed.. and sooner or later someone will find another way to beat the system for an advantage.

Its part of the sport.. if you step on the scale and fall within a weight class you're free to compete in that weight class.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I definitely hate weight cutting. But its an option both fighters have. To be able to perform after that extreme of a cut is a feat in itself. I think the rules should be on how you can recover. Like no interveinous aids. This would limit the ability to make such an extreme cut because it would be near impossible to recover in time. Just a thought cause I dont think day-of weigh ins will happen.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    SO what is the point? I mean people are dissing Hardy's wrestling ability but that is not the point of this thread. What is the point of cutting weight? Who benefits from cutting weight? Would you rather watch one overly exhausted fighter hold the other down and pray for the round to finish or BJ Penn put a clinic on the ground against someone who is actually his size? These comments make it look like that I am small guy who is getting beat by low technique large guys but it is the exact opposite. I am the big guy who lays on smaller more technical dudes so i don't get swept or submitted. And still I don't like larger people having unfair advantage. I don't like dehydrated athletes not making weight or getting carried to the stage. I don't like brilliant fighters cutting their carriers short due to the extreme cutting for years. I don't like to see technique getting nullified with strength. This is the reason why I got in to jujitsu. Technique, stamina and finishes not this shit.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    dans a great fighter
    i was lucky enough to train with him a couple times!

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Man take it easy with the
    He lost again because he has a disadvantage in wrestling . He lost this decision to Johnson. He lost the decision to GSP. He's likely to lose a decision to Fitch and Koscheck. He's a good fighter, but do you expect any different outcome if he fought Sheilds ? In the UFC 170 lb division, the dominant wrestler wins. And guess what. Dan Hardy cuts weight. Ohh noo ! Part of the game.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    His wrestling training is also directly correlated to his hip movement. It's a major deficiency of many BJJ grapplers. If you don't have collegiate level wrestling then don't even bother to approach the top tiers of MMA.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast