Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Spirit World. Let's talk about this seriously.

So after watching the recent podcast with Mr. Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo I really got to thinking about life. It duz blow your mind when you think about it. A true mind fuck. Anyhow Eddie and Joe were talking about the spirit world and shit. I just think Religion has perverted man cuz there is so many different ones how do you know which one is right. Anyhow off of that subject. I guess i'm agnostic cuz i don't know the answers to everything. But they were talking about the spirit world and how the drug use of DMT has influenced there belief in that. Why I do agree that this universe is crazy and it's huge and a lot of things are unexplained. however i have never done DMT. Is the basis of the spirit world DMT? You still have your mind so isn't DMT just fucking with your mind? When your dead you don't have the mind to remember what DMT did to you in that trip.

Anyone have more proof of the spirit world? Something other than superstition and drugs?

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    Yes there is spirit world. Just ask people who've had to experience a poltergeist. My best friend went through one and it has changed his life. He tries to ignore all the crap in this physical world and focus on the spiritual.

When I was a child I was spoken to. It was only one word and I believe it was from God himself (though I don't really know for sure). But that one word came back to me just at the right time over 20 years later and now I've gone the same way as my bro.

Its easy to get caught up in the physical, but when you really think about how awesome our world and our whole universe is, there is no question in my mind that there is something more to this life than we can physically see with our eyes.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Our perception is a subjective impression of an objective reality. If you chemically, psychologically, or physically distance your brain's ability to perceive that objective reality around us then the subjective perception becomes more skewed or out of sync. Consider bipolar schizophrenics as permanently out of sync people.

I'm a practical person who is not required to think beyond the functional needs of what I perceive as my own reality. That being said, I'll entertain a bizarre question. Is our subjective mind, detached from an objective reality, a conduit to a spiritual realm or is it just merely an insulated psychedelic experience; our mind trying to re-perceive a reality from distorted and disharmonious nonsensical out of time information?

Well, that I don't know. I've experienced my consciousness and sense of cognitive perceptions without the awareness or sense of a physical body. Though I truly never understood what did occur, it made me respect the power of our subjective view of reality. The mind really does create our own world.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Our perception is a subjective impression of an objective reality. If you chemically, psychologically, or physically distance your brain's ability to perceive that objective reality around us then the subjective perception becomes more skewed or out of sync. Consider bipolar schizophrenics as permanently out of sync people.

I'm a practical person who is not required to think beyond the functional needs of what I perceive as my own reality. That being said, I'll entertain a bizarre question. Is our subjective mind, detached from an objective reality, a conduit to a spiritual realm or is it just merely an insulated psychedelic experience; our mind trying to re-perceive a reality from distorted and disharmonious nonsensical out of time information?

Well, that I don't know. I've experienced my consciousness and sense of cognitive perceptions without the awareness or sense of a physical body. Though I truly never understood what did occur, it made me respect the power of our subjective view of reality. The mind really does create our own world.
    I'm glad you responded. You know a lot about a lot of things. I do think about things. After life everyone does. No one comes back from the dead. My body is buried and rots away to nothing. I keep thinking before I was born there was no exsistence. That makes me think when I'm dead I'll go back into the "non exsistence" state. A god to believe in is sort of hard. Hard to realistically fathom someone with the power to create everything yet have no intervention in the life of man kind. Getting back to religion got to avoid that. Any how . the spirit world huh. Is that good or is living a life and having eternal rest better than the consciousness of feelings and emotions? Not saying the spirit world is full of these things. I don't know anything about quality tasting bacon like i should.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    It would be awesome if a spirit world did exist and that my consciousness existed as an infinite entity. I won't lie, that idea is totally appealing. I'd suck off a vampire to live forever but I have no need to hunt down vampire boners or to bog down my mind with concerns of the afterlife. Death will come when it comes and it's finality or infinity will be known when it arrives.

Right now, I'll just sit in front of my laptop and sip another sip of my drink because that's my reality at the moment. I'll just deal with things as they come to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    It would be awesome if a spirit world did exist and that my consciousness existed as an infinite entity. I won't lie, that idea is totally appealing. I'd suck off a vampire to live forever but I have no need to hunt down vampire boners or to bog down my mind with concerns of the afterlife. Death will come when it comes and it's finality or infinity will be known when it arrives.

Right now, I'll just sit in front of my laptop and sip another sip of my drink because that's my reality at the moment. I'll just deal with things as they come to me.
    True. But I can't help but wonder lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    There is a spirit world, it's tied in with all living things and is layered within the physical and mental realms of existence. We all get to share in the physical realm with our 5 senses, we all have our own private mental realm fueled by imagination and we're all connected to the spiritual realm by virtue of our existence within this collective. Enlightenment and balance can be found once you acknowledge those 3 facets of human existence and begin to allow them to supplement each other effortlessly. In my own theories regarding apotheosis I've dabbled with a pyramidic equation aimed at personal evolution which requires mastery of the mind, body, and soul; each functioning to propagate the next one in the pyramid completing as many revolutions within the pyramid in a effort to better understand all the realms of existence. Just my opinion though, that would be an LHP interpretation, everyones's belief system will get them where they want to go differently. There is that small percent chance I'm just full of shit though, which in that case, pick a mainstream religion and pray your butt off for a happy afterlife

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Ok Singlet is using the word "serious" in a sentence? What happened? Who died? And how much is it gonna take to bail you out? I'm sure the 10th planet family will collect enough revenue to get you out my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    Ok Singlet is using the word "serious" in a sentence? What happened? Who died? And how much is it gonna take to bail you out? I'm sure the 10th planet family will collect enough revenue to get you out my friend!
    What? Relson Gracie blue belt, Relson Gracie blue belt, Relson gracie blue belt, Relson Gracie blue belt, and Relson Gracie blue belt. I don't care about your contract Richardson from France yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    There is a spirit world, it's tied in with all living things and is layered within the physical and mental realms of existence. We all get to share in the physical realm with our 5 senses, we all have our own private mental realm fueled by imagination and we're all connected to the spiritual realm by virtue of our existence within this collective. Enlightenment and balance can be found once you acknowledge those 3 facets of human existence and begin to allow them to supplement each other effortlessly. In my own theories regarding apotheosis I've dabbled with a pyramidic equation aimed at personal evolution which requires mastery of the mind, body, and soul; each functioning to propagate the next one in the pyramid completing as many revolutions within the pyramid in a effort to better understand all the realms of existence. Just my opinion though, that would be an LHP interpretation, everyones's belief system will get them where they want to go differently. There is that small percent chance I'm just full of shit though, which in that case, pick a mainstream religion and pray your butt off for a happy afterlife
    I agree. Funny last sentence by the way . I like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast