Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is the path that most new paradigms (new world veiws ) take.
    #1 They are met with riddicule.
    #2 They are then met with anger (current 10th planet stage)
    #3 They are excepted as self evident (ie why couldn't we see that before?)
    Stage three sometimes takes a generation. But seeing how Eddie did in 5 years what took the Gracies 50 we should be able to speed that up a bit That's not Gracie bashing I'm also very pro Gracie and still train with the gi, but it is a fact that the biggest changes have come with nogi/ mma applications.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    honestly I haven't heard anyone hating on Eddie in a bit. i've already proved those guys wrong and they changed their tune. this is so last summer
    Really? you must have caught up with Ken Primola and proved me wrong huh? so how did you finish him gogo? carni? I haven't been on the U.G. forum lately but I guess you shut that down too. The Prodigy strikes again!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beaumont View Post
    This is the path that most new paradigms (new world veiws ) take.
    #1 They are met with riddicule.
    #2 They are then met with anger (current 10th planet stage)
    #3 They are excepted as self evident (ie why couldn't we see that before?)
    Stage three sometimes takes a generation. But seeing how Eddie did in 5 years what took the Gracies 50 we should be able to speed that up a bit That's not Gracie bashing I'm also very pro Gracie and still train with the gi, but it is a fact that the biggest changes have come with nogi/ mma applications.
    Neat observation. That was true even with Bruce Lee, himself.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Amen, I believe!

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie

Really? you must have caught up with Ken Primola and proved me wrong huh? so how did you finish him gogo? carni? I haven't been on the U.G. forum lately but I guess you shut that down too. The Prodigy strikes again!
    Haven't seen Ken yet but plan on rolling him at some point. Have successfully changed a ton of people's opinion and will continue so by dominance in competition. What have you done sir?

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Haven't seen Ken yet but plan on rolling him at some point. Have successfully changed a ton of people's opinion and will continue so by dominance in competition. What have you done sir?
    Wow? That was way outta left field! What a big headed-douchey thing to say. Stealing Bobby's material are we? congradulations by the way for all you have done in opening peoples minds through your very skillful skillfulness, but what the hell does that have to do with whether or not people talk shit? The subject was that "Bravo Bashing" still currently exists and you break out your medals and rewards because you have no relevant statement as to the subject at hand. Got you're such a badass Scotty! Maybe someday I'll be just like you accept with a better attitude. Thought we were cooler than that bro.

I love Eddie Bravo. I want to ask him over for Chicken and Dumplings and an evening of weed smoking and discussions of Jiu Jitsu, the spirit world and after livezzzzzzzz. I keep repping the system and my twisters are now spreading across different ranks of people. My rubber guard is doing pretty good. I just gotta keep putting in the reps. A year and 4 months of training Jiu Jitsu and I'll keep on repping 10thplanet. This summer is competition time.......as I approach my blue belt soon I want to show people around here like Scotty has done that the moves do work and its cool to do a little rubber guard or if you can't get that rear naked choke go for a twister. Hey all Jiu Jitsu is good. I love butterfly and xguard. I love Jiu Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Basically my original statement meant that all the people that I train with and in this area in general are completely past bashing Eddie Bravo. The best way to prove someone wrong anyway is with action and not diplomacy. If someone want's to continue hating you can gladly take the situation to the mats, that is the beauty of it. My 2nd statement was not directed towards you, Josh, at all as I pretty much agreed with your assessment of my original statement. In retrospect it was slightly douchy but that guy keeps attempting to call me out for some reason or another and I wanted to put things in prospective for him.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Basically my original statement meant that all the people that I train with and in this area in general are completely past bashing Eddie Bravo. The best way to prove someone wrong anyway is with action and not diplomacy. If someone want's to continue hating you can gladly take the situation to the mats, that is the beauty of it. My 2nd statement was not directed towards you, Josh, at all as I pretty much agreed with your assessment of my original statement. In retrospect it was slightly douchy but that guy keeps attempting to call me out for some reason or another and I wanted to put things in prospective for him.

Johnathan is calling you out? Why? that dude has been pretty cool with me. What sparked all that?

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Maybe if you didn't have such an us vs. them mentality it would help the situation. A polarized team mentality only causes bickering amongst people with commonalities who should be in agreement. It's no different than political parties

You almost sound militant. It's so retarded it's hilarious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast