Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    You can also do the "Hardcore"!!! Even though it's a BQ techniques I can see how it could be affective in rare circumstances...

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi McCreery View Post
    How do you arm drag to the truck? I can't picture that.
    Arm drag someone as if you were going to take their back but don't go for their back. When you arm drag and their body is coming past you place one foot in between their legs and get desouza control and fall back grapevinen their leg on the fall back. I haven't watched MSTS episode 9 yet because it lags like a mfer. But I hadn't restarted my computer in about 2 months so you know. I wonder if they do it the same way.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi McCreery View Post
    How do you arm drag to the truck? I can't picture that.
    it helps if you drop the tailgait first.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Green View Post
    Works for us...we do it with knee on belly north south hooks in (on the back) mount etc.....all the standard stuff. I preach position and holding position then look for the sub they give u or you force them to give you. If you cant hold him down you cant sub him (unless you catch it in transition). Boring yes, good for your game...I think so
    i couldn't agree more Kevin positional control is key to a solid game

Array

School
    blank
    will you guys still go to twister side control if you can't get your opponent's arms jacked up above their head? i've had problems doing that with the near arm

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_toffolo View Post
    will you guys still go to twister side control if you can't get your opponent's arms jacked up above their head? i've had problems doing that with the near arm
    Playing with the position recently, I tend to switch my hips to scarf hold either go for the arm lock with my legs or go to the crucifix position. Basically scraping the arm back up with my inside leg.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Your positional mindset dictates your submission approach.

When people question TSC as a control position, I sick Red on them. When a 125lbs 5'3'' ginger and HOLD you in place and attack like crazy, you'll believe....trust me...you'll believe.
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Ronin
    LOL I never used to be good at it either got to practice to get good at anything. Its like people who try their first RG attempt in a mma event. If you havnt put in the reps it will not be their for you. I dont think I would like the feeling of Red holding me in twister side but I hope to get the chance to stop in and train with you guys in victoria sometime.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Kevin, I'm gonna use your drill. Hope you don't mind : )

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Twister Side is no joke. I use it against 200 Plus lbers all the time. Lots of transitions and very effective. Like Reverend Kevin said-position control, then submission. And akin to what Ari said-when a 150 lb 5 foot 8 41 year old can control you for as long as they want, it ain't a joke. There are a lot of opportunities for subs, positional shifts, control, and just annoying the crap out of the bottom player. One drill I do personally, and have my students do is something I call "positional sparring" where we start in a position, whether advantageous or disadvantageous, and work to control and refine that position for anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minutes, THEN start submission hunting. Forcing yourself to play one position for say, three weeks, makes you good at it for sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast