Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Essex Hotbox

I honestly thought the twister side control was cock and bull till today!

I purchased Jiu Jitsu unleashed a few months ago and when I read and tried to put on the Twister side control as it was shown in the book and got bucked all the time, so I thought it was twaddle and never tried it again. That is until I brought Mastering the Twister, I have only read up to the grapevine part, we drilled it in training today, and I slapped on the Side Control and my opponent could not bump me off.

It reaffirmed my faith in 10th Planet

Any similar experiences?

When I ain't pulling that Rubber Guard I'm arm dragging to the truck yo. Yo.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I make all my guys ride that position for 1, 2 and 3 min. drills - No transitions, no subs, just ride it. They all hate it at first, but once they figure out how to move, they are locked in.

^ thats a good thing to have em do.

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    When I ain't pulling that Rubber Guard I'm arm dragging to the truck yo. Yo.
    How do you arm drag to the truck? I can't picture that.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Works for us...we do it with knee on belly north south hooks in (on the back) mount etc.....all the standard stuff. I preach position and holding position then look for the sub they give u or you force them to give you. If you cant hold him down you cant sub him (unless you catch it in transition). Boring yes, good for your game...I think so

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Oh yea bro, when I first started learning twister side control it felt unusual as fuck & I thought that there was no way in hell that I would ever utilize it in a live roll... But I never gave up on it, I payed close attention to the small details, learned how to manage my base, and improved it!!! Now it is my "go to position" from the top... It just goes to show you that if you drill until it becomes second nature, you can make techniques work ...

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi McCreery View Post
    Baby, watch Mastering The System Episode 7... Cade demonstrates it!!! I Know you've seen it... It's the one that say "introducing Renato Laranja"...

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    Baby, watch Mastering The System Episode 7... Cade demonstrates it!!! I Know you've seen it... It's the one that say "introducing Renato Laranja"...
    Oky doky. Thanks!!! I figured it was something I've seen before, but I just can't remember.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    This is one way to do it:

From a buttscoot type position, reach with your right arm across and grab your opponents right arm on the tricep. Pull them past you to your right side while you pull yourself towards them, sliding your right leg in between their legs. Curl your right leg around theirs and grapevine your left leg. From here you can get to the truck however you like... pull them on top of you or roll for the foot. There are a bunch of ways to get to the truck from their turtle (which is basically where you armdragged to). Just look them up in the book.

That's not a setup, that's just describing how the armdrag gets you there. You have to do it all at once too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast