Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Unaffiliated

Keeping your skills a secret!

How do you feel about posting videos of yourself in competition on Youtube? I won a grappling match at this MMA event this past weekend and I've had a few people ask me to post the vid but I dont really want to. I dont want potential opponents to be able to study my style and techniques. Anyone else feel the same?

I guess people could watch your types but it could also motivate to improve dramatically in between tournaments.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    FUCK YEAH BROTHER, I hear you!
    I got this heavy bag that I rep (stand up) stuff on that I've hit so many times that you can see the mesh pulling apart and the padding sticking out. I'm just waiting till the last rep it can take I'm gonna throw like a nasty reverse round kick about body level, just total the farking bag and post the video on youtube with my name but no tourney or fight vids so when you look me up it's just me exploding a heavybag and screaming like a lunatic...lol

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    I got this heavy bag that I rep (stand up) stuff on that I've hit so many times that you can see the mesh pulling apart and the padding sticking out. I'm just waiting till the last rep it can take I'm gonna throw like a nasty reverse round kick about body level, just total the farking bag and post the video on youtube with my name but no tourney or fight vids so when you look me up it's just me exploding a heavybag and screaming like a lunatic...lol
    Haha. I never thought of that. Hmmm... *Thinking*

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    Haha... thats funny shit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Im not gonna be posting my videos with my name for a while. Bobbys last fight had all his youtube footage for like a month leading up to the fight. Won't be labeling it with my name for a good bit to avoid having people look me up before a fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I will always have my name posted with my videos, it doesnt matter to me. I think of it as a dare, you know what I'm gonna do, now try and stop me!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    You could always post stuff on Vimeo without using your name and/or tags. Nobody checks Vimeo and then you can still share the link with friends.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Use an alias. He told me he watched all my vids at least 50 times a piece. I knew nothing bout him. Turned out he was a collegiate all american wrestler. Painful lesson learned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast