Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman

So I left my jiu jitsu school......

I tried to post this earlier and explained the reasons why and my connection cut out. It too long to retype so here is the jist. I left my school on good terms, I finished the contract and shook hands with the head instructor. I left because his top student recently took over a lot of the instructing and he is a close minded, bossy jerk who does things way different from the head instructor. This school allows no gi training yet this guy yells at everyone who trains no gi, he forces as many people he can to compete in tournaments even when they do not feel comfortable with doing so, and he is intolerant to any experimentation with jiu jitsu and says "you came here to do bjj not anything else. Don't bother making any new moves or modifying techniques because we know what works and what does not".

I tried to stick it out, I trained there for 9 months, but the general attitude at the gym is in line with this guy. Its a shame because I really love training and I want to compete, but i refuse to for people like this. I have more fun and learn way more rolling in my friends backyard on wrestling mats than I do at this top rated gym and I dont have to pay a cent for that!

I live in Dallas tx, and the nearest 10th planet gym is a 3 hour drive one way (shermon) and the second nearest a 8 hour drive one way (el paso). Will there ever be another 10th planet gym in the dallas fort worth area again? If not what are my options into training with 10th planet and advancing in rank? I know some people fly out to HQ and tape themselves at comp, would it be possible to just tape myself at comp and visit the shermon site a few times a every few months?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Seminars, trips up to Shermon also check out some other schools, do some free trials and find one you like. Isnt there a Marcelo Garcia Affiliate in Dallas? I meet a few of these guys in Oklahoma and they seemed really cool.

Marcelo Garcia Jiu Jitsu Academy of Dallas
    Rob Ables
    4219 Bryan St.
    Dallas, TX. 75214

Array

School
    you know i completely forgot about that thanks for reminding me

Array

School
    Luling MMA / Cedar Creek MMA / Dojo Kyle
    We need some love down in Austin too yo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    carlos machado is in dallas.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    carlos machado is in dallas.
    Yep!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Sometimes u need to know when to walk away, I admire u for doing so.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Beck View Post
    We need some love down in Austin too yo.

Yo man there us a fantastic Relson Gracie school in Austin run by WEC's Phil Cardella. There is 17 purple belts, 10 brown belts, three black belts, and 2 UFC Fighters there. Very open-minded bunch of guys!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Andy, I'll be doing a seminar at 10th Planet Sherman on April 9th, you should swing by for the seminar and meet the 10th Planet Sherman crew.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    That would be awesome Chris do you know the details I know these sorts of things can have limited attendees depending on the size of the venue I hope I can still attend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast