Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

New Training Method Paying Off

OK, my instructor told me he was stepping up my training a couple weeks back. This is how he did it, he took the normal group of guys I roll with, who range in age from 15-17. and said You stay away from them until I tell you diffrently. It didn't make much since because we are pretty evenly matched with size and skill. He than only let me roll with adult blue belts that outweigh me by at LEAST 20 pounds. On top of it, he told them to finish me as fast and hard as possible, don't take it easy on me. THEY DIDN"T. Been getting smashed. But I noticed a started lasting longer and longer with them. Some of them I was lasting a whole 3 minutes with out getting tapped.lol.

Last night he told me to go back to my old partners for the night. I crushed them. I have never felt so strong or in control. Tapped them all, never got tapped myself.

Kinda sucks getting my ass kicked everynight...... but it must me working.lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    +1 Same experience when I go train at HQ and go back to New Zealand. It's always good to get destroyed by better and stronger people. It's a good way to learn

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I have to roll with 160-200lb wrestlers or fighters at my school. I'm 151-153lbs and still getting smaller but stronger. Fat loss for the win =D. There's like 2 guys under my weight. I won't go strength to strength vs wrestlers so it ups my game since I'm not trying to muscle anything. By the way, it sucks bad when a wrestler gets up on their toes and puts all their weight into my face with their forehead while in my guard. I'm sure there's a way to sweep them when they're doing that with both my feet on their hips, but I gotta look up the strat and put reps into it.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Didn't you just hurt yourself Conner? How's the rib holdin up?

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    Didn't you just hurt yourself Conner? How's the rib holdin up?
    Of course he didn't hurt himself, he's Conner "MACHINE" Gibbons. Pain does not compute...

Same here man, ive been rolling with orange belts since i started
    And when i roll with yellow belts
    I always tap em (nvr been tapped by em) however they are like 2 years younger, and like 40 lbs less than me nobody at the gym is my size and weight
    Im like 150 - 160 lbs and get murdered by an orange belt about 220 maybe 230
    I also get wrecked by another orange who is like 120 (im a white)

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Ehsan.... Im always banged up a little in some way, but thats part of the game. Ribs feel awesome. Took a few days off, and used ice and a mixture of tiger balm and DMSO. ( some wacked out formula my dad has used for years, back when he was fighting ) WORKS awesome. Battleing feet right know, my feet are killing me, went to Dr. and combo of normal growth plate movement and all the running I'm doing in lacrosse right now. ( Thats why I'm up so early, got lacrosse practice this morning. : ( Can't sleep in. lol.)

Hurt my back a little while ago too, but that seems to be fine right now too. This is all good because I'm getting ready to compete next weekend, so want to go in as healthy as I can.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    Its great that youre learning the mentality that it's being tapped that counts, not how fast you can tap others who are not as good as yourself. It's often harder to strip an person's ego than anything else..