Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    You are getting paid to fight who the UFC pays you to fight, do it!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    If you are in the UFC then you do need to fight. Example, you are a member of a chess team, you and 3 of your teammates enter a tournament. You will be matched against your teammate at some point and have to eliminate him from the tourny. If you do not want this thing to happen then, do not enter tournys or figure out something like how IFL. To be honest UFC or the fans do not give crap about who is training where. Some of these fighters like PAris Hilton and her boyfriends. NEw camp every 6 friggin months. Everything you do outside the UFC is your own thing, where you train, how you train, what you eat, who you associate with. UFC, fans, media dont tell these fighters what to do or are not involved with their training camps. So technically you are not a team when you are in MMA, it is not a team sport and the Jackson team, or Ceaser Gracie team stuff is non existing inside one of UFC's events.
    As far as Rashad's situation it was blatantly obvious that Rashad knew Jon Jones was going to be a dominant LHW and Greg JAckson was trying to milk out Rashad before Jones started to destroy everybody. I understand if somebody refuses to fight a teammate or his brother or something but that should not stop the promoters from coming up with the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    If you are in the UFC then you do need to fight. Example, you are a member of a chess team, you and 3 of your teammates enter a tournament. You will be matched against your teammate at some point and have to eliminate him from the tourny. If you do not want this thing to happen then, do not enter tournys or figure out something like how IFL. To be honest UFC or the fans do not give crap about who is training where. Some of these fighters like PAris Hilton and her boyfriends. NEw camp every 6 friggin months. Everything you do outside the UFC is your own thing, where you train, how you train, what you eat, who you associate with. UFC, fans, media dont tell these fighters what to do or are not involved with their training camps. So technically you are not a team when you are in MMA, it is not a team sport and the Jackson team, or Ceaser Gracie team stuff is non existing inside one of UFC's events.
    As far as Rashad's situation it was blatantly obvious that Rashad knew Jon Jones was going to be a dominant LHW and Greg JAckson was trying to milk out Rashad before Jones started to destroy everybody. I understand if somebody refuses to fight a teammate or his brother or something but that should not stop the promoters from coming up with the fights.
    How many fights have you trained for, and fought in, yourself? Football games, tennis matches, grappling matches are NOT PRIZE FIGHTING. When you fight a friend, only two things can happen, he either hurts your career/livelihood, or you hurt his. I have yet to see a pro, who has an established past with a good gym (as in he stays and trains with a team for a good long while) say he would fight his team mates. Sure gym hoppers will, but most of the guys who hop gyms have issues past fighting anyway.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    If it's at the end of the bracket sure, we both trained hard and fought everyone in the division and won, how anti climactic would it be for us the two fighter/friends/teamates not to find out who's better? Very I say. Plus lets remember there is a difference between teammates and friends, I've had friends that train w/ me and I hate them as teammates, and I have teammates that I are far from friends, no anamosity just not guys I would hang out with, Would I fight my friend that trains with me idk, would I fight a teammate yeah, and depending who we're talking about, today. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    If it's at the end of the bracket sure, we both trained hard and fought everyone in the division and won, how anti climactic would it be for us the two fighter/friends/teamates not to find out who's better? Very I say. Plus lets remember there is a difference between teammates and friends, I've had friends that train w/ me and I hate them as teammates, and I have teammates that I are far from friends, no anamosity just not guys I would hang out with, Would I fight my friend that trains with me idk, would I fight a teammate yeah, and depending who we're talking about, today. lol
    I was under the impression you have not trained at any one gym for a very long time, and I also am guessing you have never fought MMA (I say this because I know you were looking for a gym to train at before on here). So to be honest, you are making a call that you cant make, since you have not in fact been in the shoes of the guys who are being told what sort of calls to make (as in training over the course of several fights with people you trust and respect).

Team mates with regard to training for a fight, is a heck of alot different than random grappling partners IMO.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    wow how do I get to be as smart as the great Stlnl? the man asked opinions not a conference of the most exepierence forum members. Btw I made it on my mma team via tryouts, I'm hoping to get my first ammy in june through danseverns danger zone, cut over 60 pounds I'm at 247 and still droppin thank you. and I've been at this gym for damn near a year. Damn this why I rarely post some dude from across the country is telling me how I'm living. get the fuck off it! and to answer your next question whatever it is your fucking smoking. damn making me lose my buzz and shit.

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    it does present a conflict of interest, no doubt about it..,however, business is business and there should be an understanding that it's not personal on any level. i always like how randy couture put it, you're just going out there to compete and do your best to win.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    There are definitely dudes at my gym I would like to ko. But most I wouldnt. At the moment me and my friends would send eachother to the er if the $ is right. Dont know how I would feel if I knew I didnt have to go back to my real job, but I would do pretty much anything to buy my mom a house.

Huge difference between fighting and everything else. Grappling tourneys arent even close. Chess? Couldnt think of a worse comparison. Ufc is not a tournament bracket. However, certain obligations come with bein champ. Would love to be in this predicament one day.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    wow how do I get to be as smart as the great Stlnl? the man asked opinions not a conference of the most exepierence forum members. Btw I made it on my mma team via tryouts, I'm hoping to get my first ammy in june through danseverns danger zone, cut over 60 pounds I'm at 247 and still droppin thank you. and I've been at this gym for damn near a year. Damn this why I rarely post some dude from across the country is telling me how I'm living. get the fuck off it! and to answer your next question whatever it is your fucking smoking. damn making me lose my buzz and shit.
    I asked, because I wanted to know just how much actual experience you have regarding the whole situation. So in short, not had a fight, and very short time with one team/camp? Thus I can see where you might feel no problems with fighting someone you train with. Once you have a few fight camps, train with and trust more of the guys you are with, your opinon may change.

Also, it was 6 months ago you were talking about looking for a gym, thus I have no idea regarding where you have, or have not been, I can only go by what you say here. If I made you feel defensive, its not the intent, what is my intent is to try to see where folk's opinions are coming from, as the basis for forming an opinion lends value to it. I said it once, for the most part its fans and promoters calling for training partners/team mates to fight, not so much guys who fight.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    I'd like to apologize for my outburst. I got way to worked up over that comment. and I'm sorry. I understand what stlnl is saying, that there is a profound bond between guys who train together. that a fight could destroy. I just don't have that conflict yet. Btw G-13 is da shhhhhiiiittttttt!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast