Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    Run a camp, and sell the guys out who trust you completely a few times, and see how many folks you have left there.........You really, really dont see the point. It is a business, but it is one built on trust, and if a fighter cant trust his trainer (in this case, he cant for sure) why on earth would he stay with him? Its not about not ever recruiting anyone, its about STAYING LOYAL TO THE PEOPLE WHO TRUST YOU AND IN MANY WAYS HAVE MADE YOU AS MUCH AS YOU MADE THEM. If you cant see that, we are never going to agree. Had Jones come up in the camp its one thing, for Jackson to go recruiting him, after most of his skills/ability was developed JUST to say he trained a champ (when it was more along the lines he simply put an edge on an already existing sword, rather than forged a weapon) at the expense of his guys who have been with him a long time........

If you really think this is how a gym/fight trainer should operate/"its a business" I hope you never decide to train people. It is underhanded, and in a big way.
    Ah I do see your point now. I see how Jackson can be seen as the villain. But I don't see Jones doing anything wrong at all. He never held the conviction of not fighting friends/team mates. Had Rashad not decided to make the fight happen, I have no doubt that Jones wouldn't fight, or request to fight rashad. And regardless of the wrongdoing of Jackson, Rashad is also at fault for going against his supposed convictions. Again. Jones didn't say he WANTED to fight him, he just said that if it came to it, he wouldn't have a problem. If Rashad really believed in his convictions, he would've stuck to them, not changed his mind over a difference of opinion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Thigs like this show the true face of cerain people. I never really thought of Greg Jackson to be a very loyal perfect trainer type anyways. He sees Jones, realizes he will be the best, brings him over, milks rashad until rashad loses, replaces him with Jones and in the end he wants nobody to say anything since non of this is his fault. It is all his fault and he is the one who did this. It was the proper business decision ofcourse, getting jones and GSP etc.. but that also tells me that if jones hurt his knee, was out of action for a year, came back got destroyed iun his first fight and tanked like Brandaon Vera, and at the same time there was this guy who had some hype behind him and had the tools to be the next big thing, Jackson snacth him as soon as possible, tell Jones that he is still number one and the guy is here to help him train and they are never gona fight, show all of Jones game play to the new guy, build him to the title contender and have him smash Jones. I can totally see that happening.

Moral of the story, in this life it is rare to find people you can trust and if you ever slip even one bit, you will be replaced. After all of this, now those camp jumping guys don't seem too bad does it? They want to get the best training they can get their hands, they don't hide they will fight anybody for the title or try to be sneaky about it.

Does any one of you ever belived that Jones never wanted to be a champion? He never thought to himself, " man I can smash that guy like a bug" after watching some of Rashad's fights? It is every fighters goal to be a champion from day one and anyone that says no I just want to be number two is a liar. Maybe Except Nick Diaz Jake Shields situation, since Nick seems more concerned with his word and personality than his actual success.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's opinion on the subject.

I'm still waiting for Eddie or Chris or another administrative 10th Planeteer to weigh in and let us know the official 10th Planet stance on teammates vs teammates. Holla atcha boi!

Peace on Nibiru!

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    ITS A SPORT ITS OKAY TO FIGHT A FRIEND OR TEAMMATE. I've discussed this with my teammates and we would definitely fight each other. it makes me sick when i see competitions where people flip a coin.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Glach View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's opinion on the subject.

I'm still waiting for Eddie or Chris or another administrative 10th Planeteer to weigh in and let us know the official 10th Planet stance on teammates vs teammates. Holla atcha boi!

Peace on Nibiru!

Ill give you the official stance. It is not a team sport. You have to fight your mother if the money is on the table.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234