Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    As far as I knew, I thought he was still affiliated with Best Way? He was at the Best Way team training last month, like I said, and I know he came through the ranks under Dedeco.
    I don't know the history of it all, but I know that Formiga was part of Soul Fighters in Brazil. He ended up being the instructor at my school because of his contacts with Best Way (we were a Best Way affiliate). He and Luigi Mondelli are close friends, so Luigi got him the job of instructor at our school before he came to the U.S.

About a month back, I learned that they are changing the name from Best Way to Soul Fighters. I don't know what prompted it, but I don't think that there is any bad blood. I think he just wanted to start his own thing and since he was the full time instructor at our location, it made sense to change it.

I see Best Way people pop in to train with Formiga often and I'm sure he trains up in Danbury at the ATT too.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by leach_jeffrey View Post
    I don't know the history of it all, but I know that Formiga was part of Soul Fighters in Brazil. He ended up being the instructor at my school because of his contacts with Best Way (we were a Best Way affiliate). He and Luigi Mondelli are close friends, so Luigi got him the job of instructor at our school before he came to the U.S.

About a month back, I learned that they are changing the name from Best Way to Soul Fighters. I don't know what prompted it, but I don't think that there is any bad blood. I think he just wanted to start his own thing and since he was the full time instructor at our location, it made sense to change it.

I see Best Way people pop in to train with Formiga often and I'm sure he trains up in Danbury at the ATT too.
    Yeah there's definitely not bad blood, everyone from Best Way that I train with always talk fondly of Formiga, and like I said last month for Best Way team training at a large faciltiy in Wakefield, Formiga was there rolling hard all day training to compete in the Pan-Am's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12