Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mma/jiu jitsu

mma/jiu jitsu

How many of u do mma, or just jiu jitsu? Also how would u guys stand in a 1 on 1 street fight? Not with weapons, kinda like a school fight?

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I'm just getting into MMA, and learning jiu jitsui (and some wrestling). In a street fight prob be a coin flip.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I do jiujitsu, I don't get in to street fights.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    I have trained mostly in bjj, though I trained second most in wrestling. I began developing stand up skills (mostly muay thai) a few months back as well as boxing. My ground game is far superior to my stand up but I think if I put more time into it I can be even all around. I also was in tkd when I was younger but I really don't count that (didnt really retain much of the skills I learned).

As for a street fight, I don't go looking for them, but I live in texas and people like to fight for any reason here once they are a little drunk so I have been in a couple of fights. How did I fair? Pretty well though I never tried to destroy anyone just sort of subdue them. The last "fight" I was in wasnt really much of a fight. A friend of mine got way too drunk to the point where he didnt recognize any of his friends and started beating on another one of our buds. Pretty much all the happened is he fucked up our friends ankle (not with bjj or anything just kind of rolled it while they were scrapping) and I just took him down, crossed faced him until he chilled out and that was that.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    how would u guys stand in a 1 on 1 street fight?
    I'll never have to "fight" an angry guy. My black belt in verbal judo and black belt in altercation diffusion are tried and true. I'm the 1st guy to say "I'm sorry", if I step on someone's shoe at a club/bar/picnic on accident. The only time I'll need to get violent outside of training is in a self-defense situation where someone is trying to rob me or kill a loved one or myself. Unfortunately in either of those scenarios, the attacker won't strike unless there's a perceived advantage ie weapon/more people than you/size disparty/isolation from help etc. Sure any of us here can arm bar, triangle, jab, leg kick, elbow etc, but how good are we at doing that if we've already been stabbed, shot, hit in the head with a blackjack? You really can't judge that unless you've been in that specific type of combat. Hopefully, none of us here ever have to face an actual life/death situation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    I've done MMA, kickboxing and 10thjj. I'm in pretty good shape and pretty heavy for my height. Go for the takedown and rain some bows at the brows.
    Also, Kiko has a great point. Avoid these situations as best u can. Although i lack the self control sometimes, like when some bigot mocks me in public and then tells me to go back to pakistan. I'M NOT FROM PAKISTAN! I'm a proud Anishnaabe and next time u pull the racist card, I won't walk away this time!!!!!
    ... Sorry :P

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Just do Jiu-jitsu now but used to do Boxing years ago.

Never been in a street fight. Only been in scraps at school which I did well only because the people I fought couldn't fight for shit. Not because I was tough or anything (believe me I wasn't). I would much rather be a called a coward then get into any form of street fight. Like Kiko I'm the type who is always the first to apologise. Only in self-defence when my safety or that of someone else is at stake would I actually fight. Fortunetly that situation has never come up in life.

Where are you from?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Just jits, did have one fight though.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    With my feet shoulder width apart, my left hand gently cupping my junk, and my right arm extended along with my mid phalange, and my eyes are looking deep into their soul while blowing kisses. This has diffused the situation 0.779% of the time and I swear by it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast