Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    NA

Is the Risk Worth the Reward?

I was wondering if anyone knows someone in mma or is knowledgable about steroids in MMA. If this is seems like a stupid thread, has been talked about already/too much or offends I apologize but I am just curious. You may hear people talk and say "over [high percentage here] of mma fighters are on juice". I've started to wonder how much the risk using for a fight is worth the reward. When they get caught, they are fined and put on suspension and all this heartache happens. Take for example Chael Sonnen (and I mean NO disrespect he is one of my favorites), had he won his fight with Anderson Silva, he would have been stripped of his title and it would have been the same deal with what happened between Sean Sherk and BJ Penn. So the fight may have been considered pointless. It seems like risking the use of steroids is a lose/lose situation in MMA. Does anyone know how long steroid cycling lasts in your system before it is out of your system to be tested in a fight? I looked online and saw that different steroids last different lengths of time and maybe that's the answer. But, if MMA fighters are taking steroids and are doing it correctly (or so they believe), how are they still getting caught? Are they just not cycling correctly or are they underestimating the tests? Do they even feel worried before going into the fight? I figure if they risk getting caught, winning the fight would be a loss or NC due to substance use and losing would be twice as bad because the fighter lost and got caught cheating. If anyone has any thoughts on this please share because I have been questioning why so many fighters do it instead of just working hard since people say "oh yah over 90% of the people i know are on juice". If this is true, than a crazy amount of people are all risking. I've seen this talk in interviews with fighters themselves and even on an episode of TrueLife on MTV about an MMA fighter that was taking steroids and just wanted to win so bad and said it should be out of his system by fight day. Maybe it's just talk but these days you see fighters test positive for steroids all the time.

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    seemingly yes, otherwise everyone in the ADCC wouldn't be on them.
    I heard on the Joe Rogan podcast that one of the fighters actually injects clean urine into his bladder in order to piss clean.

Ya if ure thinking about it
    DONT!! Just take your time b4 u start your career, learn everything you can
    Thats really all i can tell u

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Because thats how you started your successful career?

bobby how old are you?

Array

School
    Every time you talk about something you do not know about imma be there. Have you ever even competed?

grappling yes, mma not old enough, nor do i ever plan on it
    but lets here your genious mentallity since for some reason you always think your smarter than me, and only have the say so in conversations i am in
    grow up will you?

Array

School
    To the op. I am wondering the same thing.

Brent, everybody else refrains from talking out there ass.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    To the O.P.
    I don't think getting advice regarding steroids on an online forum is a good idea. Most athletes who use steroids, even illegally, do it under doctors supervision, who by the way deny everything if asked about it of course. They have lots of blood work and liver tests done all the time, making sure they are not messing up their hormonal balance.
    Does it worth it? Well there is the don't do drugs answer and the real answer. Don't do drugs answer is no, it does not worth it, you are taking major risks with your health and freedom using drugs, also you are a cheater. Real answer is Hell yea. I never used steroids and never competed professionally in any sport, however from all the info I gathered over the years, steroid using athletes do physically perform better than their counterparts. They heal much faster, they can train much harder. In a time where you have hundreds of college players competing for few spots in NFL, everything counts. It does come with major drawbacks which we do not need to repeated here, but if you can pull it off without anyone noticing, you are golden. It is obvious that it is widely used and only a handful of people get caught doing it, the majority get away with it, by cycling them out of their system if they know testing is coming. By the way, I am not trying to tell you to use or not use steroids here, this is just an objective observation.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    yes, steroids rule!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast