Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland

Fianlly making progress

So i been at it for a month and a half now, i was the newest guy and just kinda fell like i was going thru the motions with technique, then i get tapped repeatedly while live rolling. I wasnt getting bummed, but just feeling like i wasnt really getting real progress.

Then we get some new people in, and for the first time everything just clicked and falls into place, so my confidence went way up and now im finding small victorys when rolling with the higher level guys too.

Thought it was worth mentioning ! especially if there are other new people who are feeling that way. One thing that really helps is coming on here and watching alotta videos on technique, trying different things and experimenting.

Congrats!! Keep up the good work!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene
    I know how you feel, i'm in the same boat. But it does feel nice when things start to click and you pull off a technique you didnt think you could do before or ecaspe from something you kep getting caught with.. It also is great to have AWESOME training partners who help you along the way.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Must....rep...side mount escapes! I've gotten one Jackhammer *judo escape* from judo side control, set up by the buck and roll escape. I'm like 1/20 now for success vs attempt =D. Felt good to get that one cuz my roll buddy was like where the #@ck did you go?

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    We have guys at our gym who talk about the same thing. I tell them, "wait till some new ppl show up and then you'll see how much you've improved". Its hard to gauge your progress when your training partners are more experienced than you. Work on defense with guys who can wreck you, then work on offense with the new guys. That's the process. Congratulations on not giving up and making progress!

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Don't worry, if your design skills translate into jiu jitsu at all you will be amazing in no time.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Don't worry, if your design skills translate into jiu jitsu at all you will be amazing in no time.
    Who's got design skills?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    The guy who did the amazing banner at 10th Planet Portland!!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Small victories, smash newbs. This.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Your doing great bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast