Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Landon DuMar

Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    The story from a fellow who trains at Jackson's, was that Rashad got the better of the sparring sessions, and dropped Jones often in training. I thought the whole hand thing was a way to buy more time for preparation, which, when you are the champ and talking about how you "could have finished" a guy in practice means you ducked him. We shall see I guess.
    Oh that's suprising, someone from Rashad's camp says he knocked down Jones often in sparring...sounds like an objective perspective to me. Maybe this has nothing to do with Jones or Rashad, maybe the UFC doesn't want them to fight. They seemed eager to get Shogan back in the ring to fight Jones after a serious knee surgery. IMO it seems the UFC wants Jones to be the champ, he's exciting to watch, young, and he's goes for the finish. Like someone said earlier, only the UFC referred doctors said he needed surgery, and by the time he found out he didn't really need it, they'd already slotted rashad to fight someone else and there was no going back. If the UFC really wanted this fight to happen I think it would. I wanted to see this fight a lot too, but I'm not so sure it's Jones fault at all.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I always chuckle when folks say "scared to fight" in mma. Are you serious? It's unfortunate...but I think it gives them more time to prepare for the fight. If Rashad beats Mr. Wonderful, hopefully they can do that thing within 90 days of that maybe? Hopefully Rashad will not sit around and wait this time. I'm starting to like Rashad again. I admire his ability to turn it on and off. I still want to see him and Rampage get it on again.

I frankly think that Rampage may be the only one that has a shot at beating Bones...granted I'm a Rampage supermark.

Quote Originally Posted by Landon DuMar View Post
    Oh that's suprising, someone from Rashad's camp says he knocked down Jones often in sparring...sounds like an objective perspective to me. Maybe this has nothing to do with Jones or Rashad, maybe the UFC doesn't want them to fight. They seemed eager to get Shogan back in the ring to fight Jones after a serious knee surgery. IMO it seems the UFC wants Jones to be the champ, he's exciting to watch, young, and he's goes for the finish. Like someone said earlier, only the UFC referred doctors said he needed surgery, and by the time he found out he didn't really need it, they'd already slotted rashad to fight someone else and there was no going back. If the UFC really wanted this fight to happen I think it would. I wanted to see this fight a lot too, but I'm not so sure it's Jones fault at all.
    It was a guy from jackson's/jones camp.................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123