Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I'll throw down 100 for winner takes all and a dont be scared Romie t

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Glach View Post
    I assume this forum software is sophisticated enough to only count views from unique IP addresses, yes I know it's still not a 1:1 ratio from views to people but it's close enough.
    Don't assume I share your assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannard Reyes View Post
    Thom you are right anyone can get caught by anyone. That is what makes Jiujitsu so effective that someone whom is not considered to win can win because of the techniques. I think that Royler is not scared but realized that there is a great deal of interest in this fight considereing that thefight happened over 8 years ago and he wants to cash in. More power to him, but to sign a contract then try to hold the fight hostage after the contract is signed is a move that makes Royler look like he is scared. So lets just call this for what it is an attempt to cash in on how big this fight is.
    This right here. Eddie cashed in on beating Royler. Eddie was a fucking genius for doing that. He's made so much money now he doesn't have to compete, he just wants to do music. Now Roylers trying to cash in on the popularity of the match and you guys
    are saying he's scared. It is wrong to sign the contract and then ask for more money, that isn't cool but I highly doubt he's scared.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    If your talking about my post it was a typo tough guy. And for the record I have 2 college degrees and I'm a belted at a Gracie school not 10th planet (so there goes your 10th planet guys are punks argument). If anyone looks like a punk right now its you. I don't really care what Royler has won in the past?? He hasn't won anything in over 10 years anyway.
    Not trying to be a dick like Thom12, he's going about it the wrong way and making himself look bad but in all fairness eddie hasn't won anything in over 10 years as well. His only real notable win was over Royler, so please don't try the Royler hasn't won anything in over 10 years thing because it does go both ways.

As you can see, I'm actually trying to debate this without the name calling and trolling so lets be somewhat respectful of each other.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    We know it both goes ways, that is our point. Not once have we said that Eddie is the best competitive Jiu Jitsu guy there is

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post

Not trying to be a dick like Thom12, he's going about it the wrong way and making himself look bad but in all fairness eddie hasn't won anything in over 10 years as well. His only real notable win was over Royler, so please don't try the Royler hasn't won anything in over 10 years thing because it does go both ways.

As you can see, I'm actually trying to debate this without the name calling and trolling so lets be somewhat respectful of each other.
    Your not being a dick at all. I wasn't even debating who would win...I was debating the fact that a guy ive never seen or met called me an uneducated punk, called the system and its schools pathetic and told us all to go fuck ourselves (then copied an pasted selected text off of wikipedia to make it looked like he knew what the hell he was talking about).

My whole point is it isn't about who these guys were or who they defeated 10 years ago. Its about who they are now (I doubt any of us are the same man or women we were 10 years ago either). The truth is no one here knows who would win...which is what makes it so fun. No one here trains with Royler on the regular so who the hell knows how much he has evolved. I am inclined to believe and root for eddie having practiced both the gracie style and the 10th planet style and having much more success with the 10th planet style. I think they are innovative and out of the box...and thats what got Eddie the win the first time.

Array

School
    Piittman's BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    This right here. Eddie cashed in on beating Royler. Eddie was a fucking genius for doing that. He's made so much money now he doesn't have to compete, he just wants to do music. Now Roylers trying to cash in on the popularity of the match and you guys
    are saying he's scared. It is wrong to sign the contract and then ask for more money, that isn't cool but I highly doubt he's scared.

I never said he was scared but I did say it makes him look like he is scared. as far as cashing in I agree you can cash in on it but do it before the contract, doing it this way makes him look "Scared"

Instead of hating Eddie for beating Royler, I like him more for helping me out with my No Gi game way more than Royler ever did.

- Vinny Magalhaes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post
    We know it both goes ways, that is our point. Not once have we said that Eddie is the best competitive Jiu Jitsu guy there is
    Perhaps you haven't, but there are some who are saying it without saying it if you get what i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Your not being a dick at all. I wasn't even debating who would win...I was debating the fact that a guy ive never seen or met called me an uneducated punk, called the system and its schools pathetic and told us all to go fuck ourselves (then copied an pasted selected text off of wikipedia to make it looked like he knew what the hell he was talking about).

My whole point is it isn't about who these guys were or who they defeated 10 years ago. Its about who they are now (I doubt any of us are the same man or women we were 10 years ago either). The truth is no one here knows who would win...which is what makes it so fun. No one here trains with Royler on the regular so who the hell knows how much he has evolved. I am inclined to believe and root for eddie having practiced both the gracie style and the 10th planet style and having much more success with the 10th planet style. I think they are innovative and out of the box...and thats what got Eddie the win the first time.
    I agree with what you're saying, that dude came about this thread with nothing but hate and raw emotion for 10th planet. But in his defense there was some very disrespectful things said about a legend of the sport and it wasn't cool. The hate for Eddie isn't cool as well but we all know it's not gonna stop unless Eddie starts smashing high level people with the Rubber guard. And I haven't watched the Royler match in a long time but I don't believe it was an innovative or out of the box move or setup that won the match, it was a basic triangle setup. 10th planet has things that are unique(double bagger, rubber guard), but most of it is basic no gi BJJ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannard Reyes View Post
    I never said he was scared but I did say it makes him look like he is scared. as far as cashing in I agree you can cash in on it but do it before the contract, doing it this way makes him look "Scared"
    I agree with most of it with the exception of the looking scared part, I just think he's doing it because a lot of people are anticipating this match and he's betting they'll pay up.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Ive said it before. It doesnt matter who wins this match or whos better at tournament jj. Eddie's my fuckin hero and wish for nothin but more badassness toward him.

Dont hate on no one for tryin to get paid, but I HATE when money taints a beautiful thing. Well played Eddie.

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Gilmour View Post
    Instead of hating Eddie for beating Royler, I like him more for helping me out with my No Gi game way more than Royler ever did.

- Vinny Magalhaes
    ahhhhh snap. +1

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast