Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mts 22 :(

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    Man, I think the MTS gives a bit of an inside to the 10th p life style. Personally I feel thats what makes 10th Planet more interesting than most systems. I feel like I sorta know Eddie and a lot of the other prolific 10thP personalities because of the accessability. Just my 2 cent....
    Belief is the death of knowledge. RAW

Array

School
    HOME SCHOOL
    Please don't think my post was anything ungrateful, or even a criticism. I love mts and this website, I will spoke some weed when I'm over in July... Whos gonna hook me up

The weed will hook u up.

Landon DuMar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    Kyle,

I feel kinda silly posting after Eddie has, but as the other half of Mastering The System, I feel like I should.

I also appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I strongly disagree with them, but appreciate your willingness to share.

There are countless BJJ websites that offer instruction. These websites are often stale in their instruction and also very expensive. Eddie is trying to give us all something different with Mastering The System.

On a regular basis, we have people visiting HQ from all over the world. I have met many people from the domestic United States, as well as people from Mexico, Venezuela, New Zealand, Australia, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Germany, the UK...the list goes on and on. That being said, not everyone has a lifestyle that supports their journey to Mecca, so not everyone gets a chance to experience the very special environment that Eddie has created at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu HQ.

Eddie's goal is to bring you in there with us. Literally.

Since we put out two episodes per month, you are quite literally right there with us in class. You see the same techniques we see on a two week cycle. If a well known MMA fighter is visiting, or someone farts in class, you're right there too. That was the goal, and I feel proud that Eddie makes this available to all of us for a mere $4.99 a month.

Here is a piece of advice. There are three techniques in each episode of Mastering The System. In every episode, to the right hand side of the video player is a time line, so that the viewer can skip ahead to the technique section of the episode.

If you don't like the antics, just skip ahead to the techniques.

Thanks,
    Jason
    This is a good opportunity for me to get some clarity about a question I've had for a little bit. Jason Mentions that we see all the same techniques Eddie shows at HQ on a two week cycle, but I'm not sure what that means. I'd love to know the process by which techniques are shown at HQ, because I've heard a few different things. So, there's three techniques an episode, does that mean for a two week cycle all that's shown at HQ are those three techniques, and over how many classes is that? How do they get repeated? Etc.

I also really liked what Jason said about the MTS episodes, because I don't think it's explicitly stated what the real vision of their purpose is. I think that would Something worth figuring out how to make that vision more apparent, because I think it is a very special thing you're doing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    Kyle,

I feel kinda silly posting after Eddie has, but as the other half of Mastering The System, I feel like I should.

I also appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I strongly disagree with them, but appreciate your willingness to share.

There are countless BJJ websites that offer instruction. These websites are often stale in their instruction and also very expensive. Eddie is trying to give us all something different with Mastering The System.

On a regular basis, we have people visiting HQ from all over the world. I have met many people from the domestic United States, as well as people from Mexico, Venezuela, New Zealand, Australia, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Germany, the UK...the list goes on and on. That being said, not everyone has a lifestyle that supports their journey to Mecca, so not everyone gets a chance to experience the very special environment that Eddie has created at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu HQ.

Eddie's goal is to bring you in there with us. Literally.

Since we put out two episodes per month, you are quite literally right there with us in class. You see the same techniques we see on a two week cycle. If a well known MMA fighter is visiting, or someone farts in class, you're right there too. That was the goal, and I feel proud that Eddie makes this available to all of us for a mere $4.99 a month.

Here is a piece of advice. There are three techniques in each episode of Mastering The System. In every episode, to the right hand side of the video player is a time line, so that the viewer can skip ahead to the technique section of the episode.

If you don't like the antics, just skip ahead to the techniques.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason,

I think MTS is really quite innovative. It's not just showing you techniques, but letting you in on all things HQ. It's a backstage pass to what's happening there. I think you have most certainly achieved your goals.

Sometimes I watch MTS just for entertainment. I'm not paying close attention to the techniques, I'm just watching the show. Other times I'm specifically interested in a technique and I just want to watch that section over and over. MTS lets me have both. If I had any criticism to offer it would be that I appreciate when the timeline is more detailed/broken up. Some episodes are only a few big sections which makes it a little more time-consuming to look up something specific. A small nit to pick, I know.

Thanks for what you guys do. $2.50 an episode is plenty cheap even for my broke ass.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I love what you guys are doing but... I gotta have more chemtrails!

Keep up the good work guys, to be able to share your gym culture beyond the walls of your gym is a special thing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Landon DuMar View Post
    This is a good opportunity for me to get some clarity about a question I've had for a little bit. Jason Mentions that we see all the same techniques Eddie shows at HQ on a two week cycle, but I'm not sure what that means. I'd love to know the process by which techniques are shown at HQ, because I've heard a few different things. So, there's three techniques an episode, does that mean for a two week cycle all that's shown at HQ are those three techniques, and over how many classes is that? How do they get repeated? Etc.
    I think I remember during an episode Einstein was saying that one of the reasons he started training with Eddie was because he wasn't throwing a ton of moves at you at once that you only got to rep a few times. Instead it was a curriculum of less techniques and more reps / muscle memory work, so if I had to hazard a guess I'd say that maybe the techniques we see in MTS are the only ones they're focusing on for those weeks. Don't know for sure though, can any HQ ppl clarify?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    That's what I took from it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hoback View Post
    I think I remember during an episode Einstein was saying that one of the reasons he started training with Eddie was because he wasn't throwing a ton of moves at you at once that you only got to rep a few times. Instead it was a curriculum of less techniques and more reps / muscle memory work, so if I had to hazard a guess I'd say that maybe the techniques we see in MTS are the only ones they're focusing on for those weeks. Don't know for sure though, can any HQ ppl clarify?
    correct
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    Just fast forward to the techniques. The times are indicated on the right of the video.
    this! Sense I suck too much to use many of the techniques...I use watch it for pure entertainment value...damn it! I need to get back to training!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast