Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood

Ufc 140? Gsp diaz? What? No way?

The Ultimate Fighting Championship will likely be holding UFC 140 in Montreal on December 10, 2011 at the Bell Centre. UFC Director of Operations, Tom Wright, appeared Wednesday night on Ringside Report Radio and confirmed plans for UFC 140 on December 10 in Montreal. “We’ll do Vancouver on June 11 and then most likely we’ll be back in Montreal on December 10,” Wright said.

The UFC debuted in Montreal in April of 2008 at UFC 83 when Georges St-Pierre defeated Matt Serra to win the UFC welterweight championship. The UFC returned to the Bell Centre with Anderson Silva and Thales Leites for UFC 97 in April 2009 and Lyoto Machida- Shogun Rua for UFC 113 in May 2010 before the return of GSP in the UFC’s fourth Montreal show. St-Pierre defended his title in the UFC’s last visit to his home city in December 2010 at UFC 124 against Josh Koscheck.

GSP’s last bout was on April 30, 2011 at UFC 129 in Toronto, Ontario where he defeated Jake Shields via unanimous decision. When asked whether a rumoured bout between St-Pierre and Nick Diaz could take place in Montreal, Wright said it would be great to have GSP come back to Montreal but it was still too early to determine a main event for December. “Well I’ve heard about the Nick Diaz-GSP fight but it is too early (to tell),” Wright said.

While Wright stated that no final decisions have yet been made for UFC 140, he maintained that Montreal most likely hold an event in 2011. “We know how important this market is to us and putting on great fights,” Wright said. “It’s a great venue (Bell Centre), it’s a great fan-base, it’s a great environment. The energy in that building is as good as any building in North America. We’ll always have a soft spot for Montreal.”

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    from ringsidereport.net

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    GSP Diaz? how awesome if it happens. Two very very different fighters. I'm sure GSP would be favored to win, but I have a feeling Diaz would definitely be able to tag GSP with his pitter pat boxing and willingness to stay in the pocket.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    GSP Diaz? how awesome if it happens. Two very very different fighters. I'm sure GSP would be favored to win, but I have a feeling Diaz would definitely be able to tag GSP with his pitter pat boxing and willingness to stay in the pocket.
    yuupp

hey did you get my txt?

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    class.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    hey did you get my txt?
    Yes I did. Having a hard time picturing it, but I'm sure it's great advice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Doesn't sound like anything but speculation to me. Same as what we do on this forum
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    class.

Array

School
    none
    damn that ish would be awsome

Ya lets give gsp his home crowd once again jesus im tired of all his fights in canada
    Put itin california so diaz can be at home and gsp will be disliked for once

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast