Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ballito

Have the lockdown, got the double under hooks but deadlocked?

Have you been in this situation and if so how did you deal with it. I have the lockdown on my opponents right leg and I have secured the double under hooks, however my opponent has head control with his left arm and his holding on for dear life, I could not move him to get to whip up and could not get electric chair as he has head control with his left hand...please can you help me with a solution for next time round...

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    yes

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Actually no i get stuck before the double under hooks since I can't force my opponents head towards two o clock like Eddie shows on the DVD. Once I get the under hooks, I usually sweep.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    One of the things you can do is whip back and forth sometimes they let go when they start getting whipped around. Also, if you have to whip us as much as u can and get to your side. It doesn't have to be a huge whip up, just enough room for you to move a bit. If you can get to your side you can still work the paths. Just my thoughts. Its what I do when somebody wants to try and hold on to me.

Array

School
    RMNU
    If he has your head he is not going to be able to base out on that side. Never just lay there constantly whip to try to throw off his base. Make sure DU are perfect. Hard to grab someone's head if their ear is listening to your heartbeat. Keep fighting to get on your side then dipset and do it again til it works if not think about stomp or prison.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    i started noticing the same problem after i was using the whip up after a while. some big or technical people caught on and realized they can keep your shoulders pinned to the mat with head and arm control or even just head control.
    so iv been left with a few options; rocking back and forth with the whip up until i can get my shoulders off the ground, or jamming my arm inside of their headlock to get bicep control so i can start going for the stomp and other options.

Array

School
    Ronin
    You can stomp.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Thaxton View Post
    If he has your head he is not going to be able to base out on that side. Never just lay there constantly whip to try to throw off his base. Make sure DU are perfect. Hard to grab someone's head if their ear is listening to your heartbeat. Keep fighting to get on your side then dipset and do it again til it works if not think about stomp or prison.
    He would have base on his left side with his left leg and right side with his right arm.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Electric Clinch>Stretching legs, Angry Rainbow,Shrugging him off> Electric Chair
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Electric Clinch>Stretching legs, Angry Rainbow,Shrugging him off> Electric Chair
    ehh.. video?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast