Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware

BUDDHASPORT.COM interview with Esteves Jones KOTC Champion. 10th Planet Blue Belt

http://www.buddhasport.com/community...port-exclusive

Rising Star Esteves Jones Buddhasport Exclusive
    Posted by Michael Fleig May 11 - 528 views - Filed in Interviews - #interviews #esteves jones
    We at Buddhasport like to keep an eye out for upcoming prospects and future contenders. Guys with loads of talent that don't get the recognition they deserve at the smaller shows. We found a rising star when I got the chance to sit down with King of the Cage and World Fighting Federation heavyweight champion Esteves "Quiet Riot" Jones.

Jones was born in Elizabeth,NJ but moved to Sierra Vista, Arizona by the age of seven. He started training MMA in the city park due to the lack of gyms in the area at the time. Jones did have a strong stand up base when he got into MMA from his years of training "Progressive Defensive Concepts" or PDC. "I can throw a lot of kicks guys my size normally can't because I have been doing it since such a young age." Also a strong wrestler Jones had this to say about his style of fighting. "I prefer to bang. I use my wrestling to keep the fight where I'm comfortable." No one should think this is a one dimensional fighter though. Esteves just received his blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Kevin Green from 10th Planet in Delaware. Green is an understudy of Eddie Bravo.

Jones defeated then King of the Cage heavyweight champion Neil Cook in 15 seconds by KO to take the title in February. Jones also holds a win over "The Ultimate Fighter" cast member Darrill Schoonover who he defeated in April. He will be defending his K.O.T.C title on June 26th against Nick "Afrozilla" Gaston. "He's tough, but I don't think he's tougher then me. his stand up is good, but mine is better. but its a fight and anything could happen but I think I got this one." Jones has one fight after that on his King of the Cage contract if he wins both he could be in a good position for his next contract. "I'm hoping the UFC,Strikeforce,Bellator or M-1 pick me up after that." When asked what his ideal situation would be Jones was very honest and giving the obvious answer. "I want to get the recognition other fighters are getting and show the world what I can do. So obviously the UFC has the best fighters and to leave a legacy worth anything eventually I have to fight there." Also when we spoke of the future we spoke about a move to the light heavy weight division. "205 is the goal, then it's on" Jones said. Jones walks around between 225-240 normally.

With a 7-1-1 professional record I see the sky being the limit for Esteves, who is a very well spoken guy.So remember Buddhasport told you first, look out for this guy in the future. As always we try to see what kind of person the fighter is. Jones is a husband and father of three. He loves to play video games. Even dedicating a room in his house for his systems. When it comes to his games Jones called himself "a big geek" jokingly. Good thing he said it because I sure wouldn't!

-Esteves wanted to especially thank Untamed Industries and Fight Legion and Skye Adrian for their support.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Very cool, congrats Kevin!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Congrats

Array

School
    Thanks Denny and Chris. Esteves is a bad dude...keep your eye on him, he's gonna break through very soon

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Whoa! That's awesome!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Nice! Well done!

Array

School
    Someone will sign him soon...its a no-brainer. he's just gotta finish his last two fights w KOTC and its open. His striking is world class and his jits n wrestling r very dangerous...he's def got what it takes to contend at 205 in the UFC

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    That's bad ass! Congrats!

Array

School
    Keep a look out. His next fight for KOTC is the end of June.