Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Glasgow

How do i stop this from happening ! ?

Noob question , as i am a noob at this haha !

Hopefully the image works.... dont think it will so if you could please look at picture attachment for a laugh lol ! or go to my page and album to see it thanks if anyone does it much appreciated

p.s. i was in lockdown , with one underhook , loosed my underhook when this happened lmao ! other hand was pushing elbow but wasnt helping much

any advice !

im a noob so no dickhead comments please lol !

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    cup the elbow and push it straight up above you.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    hands on his ribcage and use your lockdown to whip him up an start playing whatever half guard game you like/have.
    I'm sure you can find a video of the whip up somewhere.

Array

School
    Glasgow
    Thanks il give that a go on thursday il try the whip up aswell never thought i would work though as my head is squashed to the side yeahi can whip up ive got eddies dvd and books i crush other noobs and mediocore guys the gym with it haha
    Last edited by Jamie.Gaffney; 05-31-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Welcome to the family! Here's just my take:

For starters, be sure to strech your lockdown when you're in half guard. Extend your legs as far as you can. It looks from the picture like his hips are quite a bit higher than yours; with the lockdown extended his hips should be below your hips. That takes away most of his base; that and keeping him on defense by constantly whipping up will keep him off your face . You still have your double-underhooks so you can whip up to your side. Gut it out through the pain of the elbow, put your hands on his ribs, extend your lockdown, and whip him up.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Orlando
    whip it... whip it good... whip it real good

Robert Sevigny

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie.Gaffney View Post
    Noob question , as i am a noob at this haha !

Hopefully the image works.... dont think it will so if you could please look at picture attachment for a laugh lol ! or go to my page and album to see it thanks if anyone does it much appreciated

p.s. i was in lockdown , with one underhook , loosed my underhook when this happened lmao ! other hand was pushing elbow but wasnt helping much

any advice !

im a noob so no dickhead comments please lol !

...if you push his elbow OFF your face by hitting it behind his elbow, you can get an ARM TRIANGLE

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sevigny View Post
    ...if you push his elbow OFF your face by hitting it behind his elbow, you can get an ARM TRIANGLE
    can you explain that more, as in what part of my body would I ppush his elbow of my face with?
    I feel as if his back muscles that push down on my face are going to be a lot stronger than my hand (triceps) attempting to move that off... especially if you are going against a larger oponent...
    I'm also a noob and I had someone grab the back of my gi and apply the forearm on my throat.... he weighed so much i couldn't breathe, and this dude pulls it a lot. (i was mounted at the time though) thanks for the help.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Here's an attempt at a thorough breakdown on a real basic level. The fundamental problem is called a "cross-face", and pure wrestlers use it a ton. The idea is to 1) make life miserable, and 2) force you to "look away" so you can't turn into them. It is generally not the best thing to do on top against an experienced grappler, however; learn to handle it in various ways, and bate him into doing it.

Rather than just learn counters, you have to understand why, at the simplest level, this presents openings. From there, the options are endless. Problem #1: His arm is "open", as Brazilians like to say. In other words, elbow out, arm extended, and arm power is not connected to core strength. When your elbows are in tight, it's near impossible to just separate an elbow. But here, you can take his arm and manipulate or attack it.
    Example of How to Take Advantage of Problem #1: Americana on the arm that is attacking your neck. Use to submit, sweep, or recover full guard.

Problem #2: His arm is crossing his body. If you have learned a basic arm-drag, you have seen how this presents an angle to attack the flank, and thus take the back. His arm is across AND extended, so passing it by your torso should be easy with the right attacks.
    Example of How to Take Advantage of Problem #2: Right hand on wrist, left hand behind elbow (both on the problem arm) or left hand under-hooking. Arm-drag across your chest, reach around to grip far armpit, hip out, and take the back. Or any other version of a basic arm-drag.

Problem #3: With his leg locked in any half guard, that arm is a big part of the guy on top stopping a sweep right over that side (to clarify, the over the side of the trapped leg). He is taking away his ability to post, so sweeps in the direction will be available. At worst, he will have to remove the arm to base, which at least removes it from your throat.
    Examples of How to Take Advantage of Problem #3: Any sweep in the near direction (such as the Plan B).

PS: Please let me know if this is interesting/helpful, or just a ton to read.

Array

School
    On the search
    I'm kind of thinking with your left hand cup the elbow and put in on the right side of your neck, on the shoulder. Left hand hooks the left side of your opponent's head (pushing on his left ear, twisting his head) while your right arm hooks his left forearm (your right hand grabs your left ear...DEEP HOOK. Elbow to elbow). Push with your left hand and pull with your right, keeping the elbow in the crook of your neck. You may have a weird armbar or a sweep if you bridge over your right shoulder leaving your right leg hooked. If your flexible enough throw your left leg over his head and it's kind of like a fucked up carni that takes an armbar instead of a shoulder lock.

Wrap your head around that one! Does that sound stupid or could that work?
    Last edited by Matthew Edlund; 06-01-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast