Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Anthony pettis vs clay guida

Fantastic fuckin fight!!! Big props to both fighters!

yeah it was really good and the winner is... Clay Guida!!!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha i knew he would beat pettis
    Who won for the contract?

Robert Sevigny

AMAZING jiujitsu, BEST fight of the night handsdown

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Pettis had some pretty crazy kicks though

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E. View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha i knew he would beat pettis
    Who won for the contract?
    Ransey Nijem lost by 1st round ko.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    I'm not happy with the way this fight went. Guida got credit for takedowns that completely offset how out of his depth he was on the ground with Pettis, not to mention that it was clearly Pettis who had the upper hand on the feet as well.

I just don't understand how so much emphasis can be placed on a takedown when Pettis was on the offensive going for submissions the entire time, and Guida couldn't pass his guard to save his life.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    I'm not happy with the way this fight went. Guida got credit for takedowns that completely offset how out of his depth he was on the ground with Pettis, not to mention that it was clearly Pettis who had the upper hand on the feet as well.

I just don't understand how so much emphasis can be placed on a takedown when Pettis was on the offensive going for submissions the entire time, and Guida couldn't pass his guard to save his life.
    Octagon control- Guida
    Agression- Guida
    Effective striking- Pettis was more flashy but guida landed more hard/solid shots fore the sake of argument ill give it to Pettis
    Takedowns-Guida
    Grapiling-tie... for the sake of argument ill give it to pettis

It all just boils down to Guida doing more damage and being more effective, Guida set his takedowns up with striking wicth i thought was fantastic.

Guida won the fight... I wish this fight was 5 rounds i know dana said that they are gonna start doing 5 round fights at the end of 2011 but they should of made this the first non-title 5 round fight maybe the outcome would of been different...

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I knew that Guida had won but let's be honest. Guida was in way more trouble throughout the fight than Pettis was.

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    yes guida won, and the way fights are judged i agree he won

But thats the problem with mma judging today, far to much emphasis is placed on the guy on top, guida did nothing from the top today, he couldn't pass pettis's guard, i think i could had counted on one hand the number of effective strikes he landed from it, and pettis worked his ass off, going from one thing to another, he just couldn't catch him, and hence he lost...

still a very good fight, but showtime made it a good fight, guida worked for the win, and he thats what he's paid to do!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast