Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should i...?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Should i...?

Should i train jiu jitsu under my local 10th planet instructer who is a purple belt of course under Eddie or under a black belt instructer who got his black belt from renzo gracie and vitor shaolin and currently trains with shaolin and marcelo garcia weekly. Ive been to both gyms and like both i love the 10th planet instruction but than again i love the other instruction to. Can anyone help me on how i could choose...?

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    Should i train jiu jitsu under my local 10th planet instructer who is a purple belt of course under Eddie or under a black belt instructer who got his black belt from renzo gracie and vitor shaolin and currently trains with shaolin and marcelo garcia weekly. Ive been to both gyms and like both i love the 10th planet instruction but than again i love the other instruction to. Can anyone help me on how i could choose...?
    If you dont choose the 10th Planet instructor then and Im only speaking for myself of course when I say don't ever post on this site again. I wish I had a 10th Planet by my house. Youre lucky enough to have one, Purple belt, black belt or whatever. We all know there isnt that much of a gap between the two belts. And youre questioning it. Why are you even on this site if youre not a 10th planet flag bearer. My partners all think Im crazy because I compete at tourneys with a 10th planet tshirt on. But I believe 10P is the pinnacle of jiu jitsu and Im not afraid to let the world know
    Last edited by Eric Perez; 06-06-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    If you dont choose the 10th Planet instructor then and Im only speaking for myself of course when I say don't ever post on this site again. I wish I had a 10th Planet by my house. Youre lucky enough to have one, Purple belt, black belt or whatever. We all know there isnt that much of a gap between the two belts. And youre questioning it. Why are you even on this site if youre not a 10th planet flag bearer. My partners all think Im crazy because I compete at tourneys with a 10th planet tshirt on. But I believe 10P is the pinnacle of jiu jitsu and Im not afraid to let the world know
    I love the system man but a hgh level bjj black belt under renzo than again shaolin and trains no gi directly under marcelo is tough to beat...

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    I think you should go to both schools and roll and then it'll be easy to decide.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Emir, you have to make your own decisions! But I'll give you this...Stop looking at the belt color or even names! Can the Instructor teach. I've watched a lot of Blackbelts who couldn't teach!!!! Teaching is a separate skill than just knowing jitz!

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Whats the black belts name? If it isnt Marcelo, Shaolin or Renzo. Case closed dont go there. Support 10P. I know plenty of Black belts that got belts from high names and it doesnt mean anything. Either you support the cause or you dont, if youre not with it youre against it. I train at ATT and I am lucky enough to train with over 20 BB's daily. Most are great and some are just OK. I learn more from some Blue Belts then I do from some black belts. Rank doesnt matter, teaching style and substance do
    Last edited by Eric Perez; 06-06-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Whats the black belts name? If it isnt Marcelo, Shaolin or Renzo. Case closed dont go there. Support 10P. I know plenty of Black belts that got belts from high names and it doesnt mean anything. Either you support the cause or you dont, if youre not with it youre against it
    Get off the ROIDS MAN....you need a 4:20 BREAK. LOL

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    hehe you cant blame the kid him for being tempted by fancy colours...
    it would be nice if you gave us names of the guys you're looking at, though. how do we know that the black belt your talking about isnt ken primola...

eric is right though, it wouldnt make much sense if you chose another school over 10th planet for only preferences sake and still posted on this forum.. it does seem kind of blasphemous

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Get off the ROIDS MAN....you need a 4:20 BREAK. LOL
    My bad I just get passionate sometimes about Jits and even more so with 10P

Robert Sevigny

IF you want rubberguard in your arsenal youll ONLY learn it at your purple belt school (hartford i take it?) but if you want OTHER bjj moves go to the BB school but youll only learn LEGIT RG game from 10p

hope this lead to your choice young padawon YES THAT WAS A STAR WARS REFERENCE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast