10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    nice guard work kevin
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb2984 View Post
    I saw that video a few years ago so no need to re-watch. I know Eddie respects Marcelo and I have respect for Eddie. In fact his book Mastering the Rubber Guard was the first bjj book I ever owned and it really changed the way I learned and evolved my game. I still to this day recommend it to guys who are looking to buy books related to bjj. But I stand by what I said. What Eddie said seems ignorant to me if it was meant as I read it. Anyway just my 2 cents. Im not looking to get into a back and forth, that is why I never really post on these forums. I am a huge fan and friend of Marcelos and just wanted to say what I was thinking. If you disagree no problem, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    There's no reason to get in a "back and forth". The facts are; one, that one of our 10th Planet family has a video of him rolling with Marcelo. Two, everyone was just showing some love to their 10th Planet brother and giving him some props (including Eddie). Third, you started trolling their comments calling them ignorent because they were supporting and complementing said 10th Planet brother. Now who looks ignorant again?

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I think Marcelo Garcia is the greatest grappler on the planet and I believe in years to come he will be the measuring stick for all great champions. I've made no such claims nor would I. I have nothing but admiration for Marcelo and his other instructors and students. I didn't shoot this video. I only posted it here because I was honored I got to train with him...I learned a lot, and wanted to share that experience. I'm not sure who started the rumor or felt the need to put a negative spin on this once in a lifetime experience, but that's what happens on the internet...anyone with a keyboard has a voice and the ability to start trouble.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Green View Post
    I think Marcelo Garcia is the greatest grappler on the planet and I believe in years to come he will be the measuring stick for all great champions. I've made no such claims nor would I. I have nothing but admiration for Marcelo and his other instructors and students. I didn't shoot this video. I only posted it here because I was honored I got to train with him...I learned a lot, and wanted to share that experience. I'm not sure who started the rumor or felt the need to put a negative spin on this once in a lifetime experience, but that's what happens on the internet...anyone with a keyboard has a voice and the ability to start trouble.
    Thank you for sharing that once in a lifetime experience with us, it is appreciated despite any negativity.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb2984 View Post
    Im not referring to this whole forum or even the majority of the posts on this thread. Just responding to a couple that seemed ignorant if they are to be taken at face value. Comments specifically like:

"Yo Kev...not only did you survive you did better than most of those young bucs man (jake shields, JT, ben askren)."

"I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen one of these clips of Marcelo rolling at his school and him not tap out his opponent. "

"The fact that you didn't get tapped is pretty damn bad ass Kevin, I'm proud of you man"

These are what I was responding to. Kevin didn't make any such claims as I stated in my first post. Again I mean no disrespect to him or anyone else. Maybe I am just blowing even these comments out of proportion, but just throwing my 2 cents out there. More mature and experienced grapplers know that there are levels of grappling and the best dont even tap into those levels with mere mortals such as myself.
    Ugghh...you guys and your keyboards. If anything all of the comments above (including mine) are complimentary to Marcelo. To be so good (like Marcelo) that some of the best guys in the sport consider just surviving a round with you an accomplishment is something all of us here aspire to. The amount of respect for him on this forum is ridiculous. We all know Marcelo is king. And besides...my statement above is MY OPINION!! Who the hell are you to tell me how I should form my own opinion on a video? Ohh...and we use our real names on this forum. So change you name to Ken Primola.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Yeah thanks kevin. I think its awesome and I enjoyed watching it. Hopefully you will get to do it again. Haters gonna hate...nothin but love for marcelo on this forum.

Array

School
    Contact Information Personal Information
    Username: kontrol
    Public Email: No information available.
    MSN IM: No information available.
    Yahoo IM: No information available.
    AIM IM: No information available.
    ICQ#: No information available.
    Homepage: No information available.
    Blog: No information available.
    Birthday: 6/19/1990 (21 years old)
    Interests: No information available.
    Biography: No information available.
    User Details Additional Information
    User Status: (Offline)
    Member Group: Forum Members
    Local Time: 6/23/2011 9:31:17 PM
    Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:31:29 PM
    Total Posts: 1 post out of 2,142 total posts. (.05% of total)
    Average Posts: Not been a member long enough to determine
    User Level: Forum Newbie

Post Signature: kl

So this is the guy who started all the drama on MGinaction...he created an account the same day he posted the drama, edited it and then dissappeared

Hey Kevin, Im sorry if I offended you. I honestly wasn't trying to take anything away from you or your roll with Marcelo. You looked great and I am happy that you had the opportunity to roll with such a legend in bjj. Any of us who are fortunate enough to get the chance to train with him and get to know him are extremely lucky. I hardly ever even come onto this forum. The only reason I did today was because I saw a thread on mginaction which asked a question. Ill post it below.

"i heard from a guy who trains in delaware that a 10th planet teacher is training at marcelos school in new york once a week and claims hes never been tapped out by marcelo when they roll, and hes only a purple belt. hes got a video of them rolling in a gi for 5 minutes or so on the www.10thplanet.com website in the niburu section, and in that 5 minute footage he doesnt get tapped. my question is does this guy really roll with marcelo and never get tapped? everyone ive seen roll with marcelo gets tapped including jake sheilds, ben askrin, arlovski and the best of the best. this guy from 10th planet must be world champion material, can you guys at the school give any feedback on this 10th planet delaware owner/instructor? i think his name is keven green from tripletheatcombat/10th planet jiu jitsu

kl"

You can check it out for yourself if you want. As a fan of Marcelos and someone who trains with him regularly I was kind of like who the hell would do this so I came to check it out. As I stated before in my other posts as soon as I came on here I realized you werent saying anything like that, but saw there were a few who were giving you compliments for not getting tapped. It was those posts I was addressing. I really wasnt trying to create such a reaction on here. Perhaps I reacted a little harshly as I dont know any of the personalities here and who knows who and for that I apologize. I think anyone who has been in this game for a little while, however, realizes there are many out there who do believe if they roll with someone much better than them and avoid tapping or whatever it might be that they accomplished something great. For this reason I dont believe my thinking was that unreasonable.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    This is fucking absurd, the fact that this thread "turned into something" is ridiculous. Any of us would be proud to train w/ Garcia and certainly would immediately post that vid...good OR bad, Kevin was very respectful and this is the reason forums can suck. There'a always someone trying to do shit like this.

I'll tell you, i am more judgemental and quick tempered than 99% of the people i meet, but im not ignorant, or closed minded, and more importantly, my bullshit meter is at a very high level.

AGAIN, Kevin, good job on your roll w/ Marcello, you're lucky to have had the opportunity and you did very well. Sometimes it's nice to have a validation of your skills...at least it is for me.

WAR!

Array

School
    Well, if you look at the clown who posted that garbage on mginaction...and go to his profile, it obvious he lied about "hearing" from a guy I said something like that. He joined the forum as a new member at 2 something yesterday, wrote his ONE post, editied it and dissappeared. Ive been fighting and grappling for a long time, and where I am from and how I was raised...you dont talk about what happens in the gym. Nobody goes 100%...unless they are training for a fight...

He referrs to me as the owner/instructor (thats right off my web site)
    he "thinks" my name is Kevin Green (pretty specific for a vague conversation)
    He heard from a guy I said something...whats the guys name?
    Anybody who knows me knows how I am and that I dont talk or say things like that...EVER

Ive been a purple belt for a long time, not because I suck, but because I stopped rolling in a Gi in 2006/2007...I have a lot of mat time and have trained with alot of great guys, I dont need to justify my JJ to anyone. I see where you are coming from, but maybe next time ask "kontrol" where he heard that stuff from before you get upset at me...Im a pretty good guy

No worries...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast