Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    a good roll. i dont know how much rubber guard you use kevin but i was sort of hoping you would of threw that leg over his head when his left hand was on the mat. looked like you had your elbow on that side of his head too. i know its marcelo tho and things are harder than they look. anyhow good roll!
    I play RG quite a bit, but he is so good he kills your hip in every position. His double under control in butterfly and half butterfly is amazing.

you gotta mean half guard dude. maybe its called lockdown in 10pjj terms either way godamn it looks tough to pass.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia
    Looks like Kevin had a great time and had an awesome experience rolling with Marcelo. I think that's the most important thing.

I've watched Marcelo during training rolls and classes for several years, and some of you have to put things in perspective. He ratchets his effort level up and down, depending on his mood, what he's working on, his opponents, etc. For me, there have been times where he has gone probably around 15-20%, letting me put him in bad positions, etc.

As a result, people that are crediting someone with not tapping or doing better than other people when rolling with Marcelo have to remember all these factors.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    its only natural that the most advanced guys will also have the most advanced control over their exertion.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678