Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy

Jiu Jitsu Doesn't Work Unless You're an Idiot!

Article up on www.fiveknuckles.com mentions 10th Planet Charlotte. We'll it kinda mentions it.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...an-idiot!.html

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    I think he is saying the same thing Eddie did, when Eddie said wrestlers are learning Jiu Jitsu defense, but guys guards aren't getting better. He just has a more prickely way of wording it.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I like the commentary. It doesn't say flat out "you are wrong," but rather supports the other side of the argument, and then explains that debates like this are great and necessary for the sport to evolve. It manages to state an opinion without attacking anybody.

Side note: If BJJ only works on idiots, then I must be a legitimate retard, because I train it every day, and I get tapped about 100 times per week or more

Array

School
    searching
    I like the stats.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I think it is a silly statement. BJJ doesn't work as often because people train BJJ. Just like Boxing isn't as mystical because all MMA fighters train boxing. Wrestling as well. It is no longer UFC - it's MMA. The UFC is just the well known brand. But people forget that this is no longer just two guys fighting - this is a sport full of talented athletes and in order to be successful I think one has to treat all aspects of MMA as relevant. Otherwise, they will look like "idiots".

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I'm curious to know about those fights that ended in KO/TKOs. What percentage of those fights were even on the ground for a substantial amount of time?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Orlando
    he beat Michal Kita with an omoplata in Bellator. I wonder how he learned how to do that...

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Nowling View Post
    he beat Michal Kita with an omoplata in Bellator. I wonder how he learned how to do that...
    Probably at the Granby School of Omoplatas.

Array

School
    Yakima Mixed Martial Arts
    Jiu Jitsu only works on idiots? Or.. "if you have any idea about the they're tricks it wont work?" The same exact thing can be said about stand up...Its not going to work unless they fall for one of your setups for a big punch or kick. Both grappling AND stand up is all about getting the right setup to use your technique. I dont like that douche..hes a complete one sided thinker..Feed him to Mir and then talk to him about jiu jitsu..

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Nowling View Post
    possibly from judo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast