No, but I sure as hell wear a shirt.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    cups are just another way for the man to keep us down

Array

School
    Super Gym, Knutsford
    I'll be shopping around for a cup today after taking a few too many shots to the nuts last time in training (as well as dishing out a couple unfortunately). However, I'm guessing that's because myself and my training partners are complete beginners - at least in my case my lack of flexibility and co-ordination results in my elbows/knees, etc, not quite ending up where intended!

So definitely for the time being I'm in favour of the cup.

Out of interest, what would be the advantage of not wearing a cup?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Not wearing a cup - It doesn't pinch your balls, you don't break people's jaws when you go for a triangle, you don't sacrifice technique to use it as leverage in armbars, you're comfy.

Wearing a cup - in the unlikely event of being caught in the balls it protects you, you can tap people with jaw cranks in triangle chokes, you can make peoples arms hurt more in armbars, it pinches your balls, if it does pinch your balls combined with being caught you are in bad pain!

I've never worn a cup, and imo, it's better without. I don't like people wearing cups either, it hurts

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I wear the spider cup, its the only cup i know of that was designed with grappling in mind, its flexible so you can move freely. id still rather not wear one but you have to in alot of comps so i wear it alot to try and get used to it

http://www.mmafactory.co.uk/spider-g...-cup-735-p.asp

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    No. I just double bag it. Thinking about the spider though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Jaco has the best compression shorts/cup ever! no pinching nothing, doesn't affect your flexibility whatsoever... It's a bit expensive but I guess it depends how much you value your balls and painless training sessions lol
    I used to train without a cup until I got kneed in the balls lol. Right after I was convinced that a cup would be a good idea lol

But then again it's like everything some people won't use one some will. Dudes roll without a mouthguard too ... I wouldn't personally.

Just don't buy some cheap cups and you'll be sweet

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    I hate the cup. It's amazing really but after you train for a while you really don't get hit in the balls anymore. Personally I feel like it throw the geometry of my game WAY off... I can't ride back and arm bars and triangles and rubberguard (crackhead, sorcerer and Kung-Fu bagged) become nearly impossible. I vote no

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Shock doctor from mma warehouse. Bought a regular brand from Academy that made my life hell then went on mmawarehouse.com. Best cup ever

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast