Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    The MMA Clinic, Cork

What do you like to do from the Lockdown?

I like to use the Lockdown and have found some success with it in competition, i usually just go for a sweep (old school 90% of the time), what do you guys like to do from the Lockdown?

get double unders and do a electric chair or go the other way into the dog fight and use the half and half quarter back sweep or the limp arm. im not very good at old school.

Array

School
    Pure MMA + NextGen Liverpool
    I used to get electric chairs all the time, and try the vaporizer if they were flexible but now the guys at my gym are figuring it out, and stopping me from getting it. I'm now trying the stomp more often.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    I use the lockdown &the whip up as bait. Once I establish the lockdown and whip up they think im going for the sweep then bring em back down and slap on a good ol arm triangle and extend the lockdown and finish them in my half guard!!! works about 75% of the time for me
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Trez Reyna View Post
    I use the lockdown &the whip up as bait. Once I establish the lockdown and whip up they think im going for the sweep then bring em back down and slap on a good ol arm triangle and extend the lockdown and finish them in my half guard!!! works about 75% of the time for me
    you must have hella good arm squeeze brother! do you eat a lot of beef or do you listen to the man in the cave. a big shout out goes towards people who enjoy cabbage. but for real you must have a good squeeze to finish from the bottom.

half & half FTW

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Electric chair all the way bro, stay tight, watch for the cross-face, and you're golden!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    you must have hella good arm squeeze brother! do you eat a lot of beef or do you listen to the man in the cave. a big shout out goes towards people who enjoy cabbage. but for real you must have a good squeeze to finish from the bottom.
    I got an ok squeeze nothing out of the ordinary. I squeeze the hell out of my knee and rolled up pillows as hard as I can. My forearms are kinda boney so I guess that helps also. Im not a very big guy (only 5'7 150lbs) but I roll with nothing but bigger guys so I guess it comes from that. (I have yet to roll with someone my size)but how I get it is I whip em up like im going to the dogfight and but only go to my elbow (like in the dipset) once I see their arm being used as the base I swing back under them using my head to push their arm out of the way (like taking the arm triangle from guard) and get one over hook with my inside arm and an underhook with my outside arm. Then I extend my lockdown and push down on their hip with my underhook and push the overhook down all at once to pull them down and I use my head to keep their arm secured. I secure the lock with a gable grip then I lock it up. Once I got em secured I extend the hell outta my lockdown then put slow steady pressure and freedom rock. What makes it work is the lockdown. My arms are basically holding them in place and my lock down is doing all the work. Try it out. Works for me Maybe it works for me because I listen to Iced Earth
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    If they arent familiar with the lockdown then i think sitting there and controlling them for anywhere up to a minute is good, they tend to waste tons of energy trying to pull themselves free from there its much easier to whip up towards electric chair and slip out the back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast