Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy

New Royler Response on Tatame

http://www.tatame.com/2011/06/15/Roy...ying-that-bill

note the phrase "It’s like I didn’t want to fight on the first place, and they’re pressuring me..."

---------

Royler and the super fight against Eddie Bravo: “Someone’s paying that bill”

By Erik Engelhart
    Photo by Eduardo Ferreira

Chosen to be on a rematch against Eddie Bravo on a super fight in this year’s edition of ADCC, Royler Gracie didn’t approve the way things go on the business. On an open letter published on the press (read it here), Gracie criticized Sheik Tahnoon’s second in command, Guy Nieves, who would have revealed some confidential information about their negotiation. ADCC’s organization published a respond to Royler’s letter (read it here), and the fighter felt disrespected once again.

TATAME got in touch with the fighter to know what’s his situation with ADCC and wondering if it’s still on or not. On the interview, Royler talked about the awkward situation who he was leaded into, said he still wanna do it, but said he can’t let go with his priorities, and revealed more complex details about his deal with ADCC.

After your discussion with Guy Nieves, how are things between you and ADCC?

No one’s contacted me yet, and I have the impression that if things continue that way, it won’t happen… For now, I’m doing what I always do, living my life, because the guys are like playing with me, right? First they asked me if I wanted to fight, they published it on the following day on the internet and then sent me a contract showing how much they’d pay me, and it said it didn’t matter if I win or lose, so I can’t do that, right? I have my own life, I pay my bills and I’m not fighting anymore… If they want me to fight, they have to do things differently.

Were you upset about the fact they have published the numbers on the internet?

Oh, of course, right, man? He started making comparisons and published many things on the internet… It’s not nice to talk about money that way, right? I thought it was unprofessional of him, and I sent them a letter, and he published a respond to that letter, again mentioning numbers, so I guess now the chances of it actually happens are smaller. I guess it’s not likely, but I’m still waiting.

Is Renzo dealing with it?

I called Renzo, who’s closer to Sheik, and so far he hasn’t updated me yet, he didn’t tell me anything new about it. So let’s see if something comes up on the next days.

Did you see an award situation like that coming?

Honestly, no. He put me in s really bad position, man… It’s like I didn’t want to fight on the first place, and they’re pressuring me, but I have my priorities now, I pay many bills, I have many seminars scheduled and I’m scheduling new ones for August and September… I have my own appointments and I can’t just sit and way their call with someone on the other end of the line saying ‘oh, if you win we can arrange you a bonus prize’. I can’t count on that, I have to pay my bills, I have my appointments.

So, there won’t be a fight anymore?

Things got messy, but I still want to fight, but someone’s paying that bill.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I know Royler is multiple time World Champion, and he's a legend. But is he the dumb one in the family? Royler just sounds dumb in this interview!!!

K Madden

DICKTUCK: 101
    ladies and gentlemen

I thought Royler was the one that mentioned numbers in the 1st place? I'm confused now...

Array

School
    blank
    what are these "many bills" he has to pay?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I could understand the part where he did not want to fight in the first place and I would not call him a coward for that. People should have the option of choosing not to fight someone who they think maybe a faster, younger, stronger overall better fighter. I think in his case, his situation with the family and media maybe commanding him to make arrogant statements and war chants of him taking care of eddie, but in this case, maybe he was hoping for more of a TiTo vs. Dana White boxing match style media coverage which brings more attention to both personalities with the fight never coming to frutation.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    The grammar errors in this make the writer and royler sound stupid. You would think being a member of a family who runs a million + dollar jiu jitsu empire would be able to keep his shit afloat until the match happens. He doesnt need the money, he is scared of what loosing to eddie twice in a row would do to his image, and is to prideful to admit that he cannot handle bravo. I seriously have no respect for royler anymore, I dont like him and I would rather be a white belt forever than go to a gracie school. No disrespect to anyone here who is a gracie student, this is my opinion and you are perfectly ok in disagreeing with me.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Mateo
    ^ i go to a gracie school thats heavily tied with royler and even i agree lol... sigh. The money is such a poor excuse, the guy is freaking loaded i bet. Its got nothing to do with money...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast