Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym

Royler won’t fight Bravo at ADCC, and challenged him to a MMA fight

"" Set to rematch Eddie Bravo on a superfight in this year’s edition of ADCC, Royler Gracie didn’t approve the way things happened and he was upset about his negotiation with Guy Nieves, since he’s disclose some confidential information about their deal. Since the organization of the event hasn’t got in touch with him anymore, Royler has other plans and revealed that the bout won’t happen. “I have no problems with ADCC, but the fact is that we didn’t get to an agreement on our negotiation and unfortunately the organizers of the event haven’t got in touch with me again. I can’t keep waiting, I have other plans for myself. I’m assuming this bout won’t happen”, Royler told TATAME, saying he might fight MMA this year. The BJJ black belt haven’t fought MMA since 2006, when he was defeated by Hideo Tokoro in K-1 Dynamite, but guaranteed he’ll return to the rings this year, probably in Brazil, and Eddie Bravo didn’t accept fighting him in this event. “I’m dealing with this MMA event, which might happen in Brazil. I haven’t sign anything yet, but the negotiations are going well and it’s likely it happens. The organizer of the event even called Eddie Bravo to fight me, but he declined it, he didn’t want to fight me… And I said I was only punch him with my hands opened, man (laughs)”. ""

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Here's the link for anyone who's interested ... http://www.tatame.com/2011/07/13/Roy...to-a-MMA-fight

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Royler is trying to find his balls again!!! Royler know's he would have lost to Eddie again! If he does fight again. I bet its for less money than what he wanted to just grapple Eddie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    What a load of crap, he'll fight Eddie in an MMA fight but not a Jiu Jitsu match? That's like challenging Lebron to a game of soccer. Yea, there's running and there's a ball involved, but it's still not basketball. WTF does it prove if you beat someone at a sport they don't actually practice? God damn this pisses me off, what a fucking tool. Sorry Eddie, we all know you wanted this match to happen. I hope one day he mans up and adheres to the Gracie mantra of "we'll fight anyone anywhere anytime"!

Helio is rolling in his grave right now, believe that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    very disappointing. Sounds like hes trying to save face but doesnt look good for Royler at all. Eddie can you confirm they offered you an MMA bout with Royler?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

K Madden

Fucking WOW. Ive lost about every OUNCE of respect I had for Royler.
    how much more of a bitch can you get?
    That's just a lame move to save face....hopefully EVERYONE can see through that crap.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Royler doesn't believe in his "Gracie" Jiu Jitsu anymore. Punked out Bitch! Please put that on his wikipedia page!

I feel like Royler not only backed out dishonorably but turned around and was blatantly disrespectful to Eddie by issuing that challenge. It's like because he bailed on his JJ match he wants to make it look like Eddie bailed on a match too. The only thing is that it's not the same...what a foul Royler...and yes im curios if Eddie ever really did get that challenge in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Royler doesn't believe in his "Gracie" Jiu Jitsu anymore. Punked out Bitch! Please put that on his wikipedia page!
    Thats funny u mention that as it appears to have already made its way to Wiki

Royler is the brother of the fighters Rickson Gracie, Royce Gracie and Robin Gracie. He is the son of the co-founder of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Helio Gracie and holds a 6th degree black belt in the style.[1]

Royler Gracie has competed in the black-belt ranks for 20 years. Himself along with Marcelo Garcia are the only people to win the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship (ADCC) three consecutive years. Considered as one of the best technicians in Jiu-Jitsu, Royler had a famous upset in the 2003 ADCC when he lost to Eddie Bravo by triangle choke (Bravo was a brown belt at the time). Royler is a four-time World Jiu Jitsu Champion in the under 67 kg Black Belt Division. In 2011 Royler agreed to a rematch with Eddie Bravo then demanded an unprecedented amount of money. When told he was not going to be paid he backed out of the match much to the dismay of the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu community. Many speculated that it was all a ploy because he was scarred to face Eddie again.

Royler has a professional mixed martial arts record of five wins, four losses and one draw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royler_Gracie#Biography

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Thats funny u mention that as it appears to have already made its way to Wiki

Royler is the brother of the fighters Rickson Gracie, Royce Gracie and Robin Gracie. He is the son of the co-founder of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Helio Gracie and holds a 6th degree black belt in the style.[1]

Royler Gracie has competed in the black-belt ranks for 20 years. Himself along with Marcelo Garcia are the only people to win the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship (ADCC) three consecutive years. Considered as one of the best technicians in Jiu-Jitsu, Royler had a famous upset in the 2003 ADCC when he lost to Eddie Bravo by triangle choke (Bravo was a brown belt at the time). Royler is a four-time World Jiu Jitsu Champion in the under 67 kg Black Belt Division. In 2011 Royler agreed to a rematch with Eddie Bravo then demanded an unprecedented amount of money. When told he was not going to be paid he backed out of the match much to the dismay of the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu community. Many speculated that it was all a ploy because he was scarred to face Eddie again.

Royler has a professional mixed martial arts record of five wins, four losses and one draw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royler_Gracie#Biography
    Dont be Scarred Romie!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast