Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Weight training routine

I am curious, what does everyone's weight lifting routine look like?

I have fallen in love with lifting the weigths slow and only doing 1 set and four exercises. Only twice a week. And, I am getting stronger with this type of workout.

I only do a squat, bench, reverse grip pull down and a curl. When I can do twelve slow controlled reps, I add 10% more weight next time.

I am going against the norm here. I am not trying to mimic any jiu jitsu movements with my weights. No fast movements like kettle balls. Try to follow HIT routine. www.drdarden.com.

Is anyone else lifting this way?

Array

School
    unaffiliated
    nobody at 10p lifts weights

have you seen them? (maybe chris does i dont know)

eddies legs are smaller than a female teenager (no offensive) im pretty sure that girl that posts here has bigger legs than most of the guys there.

those mofos need to squat and deadlift asap

12 slow reps??? where are you getting this shit from are you a bodybuilder?
    1 set? lmao your routine is full of fail
    Last edited by ghosn; 09-12-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosn View Post

eddies legs are smaller than a female teenager (no offensive) im pretty sure that girl that posts here has bigger legs than most of the guys there.

Einstien strenth trains Chuck Liddell so you dont know what your talking about and your post comes off very disrespectfull. Take that shit to sherdog!
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 09-12-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: I let my temper get the best of me.
    formerly known as jmw0582

I peronally dont lift weights, I do 250 pushups per day, and 500 Bodyweight Squats a day. I also run 4 miles per day. I feel that lifting weights doesn't provide the functional strength needed for Jiu-Jitsu.

Array

School
    unaffiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Einstien strenth trains Chuck Liddell so you dont know what your talking about and your post comes off very disrespectfull. Take that shit to sherdog!
    listen bud i didnt mean it to come across like that

but Einstein is a fukin MMA fighter he needs to lift for strength
    the guy that posted doenst lift for strength i dont even know where he got the idea to do what he is doing.

and are most of the 10p guys like Einstein, noob i was talking about the average guys

Array

School
    unaffiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Capello View Post
    I peronally dont lift weights, I do 250 pushups per day, and 500 Bodyweight Squats a day. I also run 4 miles per day. I feel that lifting weights doesn't provide the functional strength needed for Jiu-Jitsu.
    are you serious?
    even Eddie your master will tell you that what you said is incorrect.
    he lifted weights when he wanted to compete at the next level, it stupid not to.
    didnt expect this from a Blue belt

Array

School
    Team Shark
    chest and triceps
    db bench press
    3 sets 10 reps
    incline db bench press
    3 x 10
    weighted dips
    3 x 10

legs and shoulders
    squat
    3 x 10
    db shoulder press
    3 x 10
    barbell glute bridge(SERIOUSLY, this exercise is amazing for bridging someone off of you in mount. if they are way bigger than you it won't be hard at all anymore)
    3 x 10
    barbell hip bridge
    3 x 10

back and biceps
    deadlift
    3 x 5
    weighted pullups
    3 x 5
    curls
    3 x 12

I want to start doing power cleans...and eventually (like within a year) stop training for strength and start training for explosive strength and power.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    But doesn't Einstein do something different than your regular weight training? I know in the video that was posted, they were doing their own strength training that they developed.

Array

School
    Burning Sands Gym Cairo Egypt
    At my gym we do weight training 3 days a week. One day with light dumbbells about 10 lbs each, second day heavy dumbbells about 40 lbs each, and third day barbells. We are consistent 3 days every week for one hour. We also do kettle bells, lift logs, concrete balls about 100 lbs, and swing 10 pound sledge hammer. The workout are not body building routines but cardio and strength training. This is in addition to the hard core fitness we do.
    Last edited by hamzatu; 09-12-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosn View Post

So with more students than I would like to guess, you think that no 10pjj player lifts weights?

Your high!

And can you not READ? The dude was asking a question. "What does your routine look like?"
    Not, "Tell me your ass backward opinion and show me your an idiot."
    The dude said he realized the routine isn't the norm and he isn't copying anyones jiu jitsu routine.
    GTFO with that shit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast