Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wu tang clan

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Check out La da darkman's Heist of the century probably the best Wutang affiliate album
    Gp wu had a song called black on black crime that was sick also

Array

School
    10th planet
    man can't believe you like wu tang but dissed west. RZA feels like west is carrying the torch for wu tang now and west's new mixes (runaway love remix) features raekwon. Give his albums a real listen. West gets a lot of senseless hate so I just had to say something. All good though I respect anyone's musical tastes.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    I've read everything that RZA has said about Kanye and passing the torch. Obviously, my opinion is my opinion, and RZA's is what matters.. I don't have a problem with Kanye as a producer; however, I think his lyrical content is garbage and dislike basically everything about him personally. He seems like an arrogant, whiny, crybaby. His new songs are anthems for douche-bags, I can't get behind that really.. But I'm not the kind of person at the clubs bumping Kanye, I'm the kind of person listening to lyrics and seeing what people have to say. Kanye has nothing of any value, he's arrogant and stupid at the same time.

Now that doesn't mean he isn't very adept at making "popular" music, because he clearly is good at it. But I don't foresee his songs lasting into the future, they are poppy, shallow, and lack any meaning or message. Wu-Tang is the opposite. In my mind their beats/lyrics are timeless and really have something to say.

By the way, Runaway Love is a RZA beat remixed, so Kanye's "production" is minimal, and it also has Beiber in it. I can't believe Rae would do a song with him, and call him "JB". It literally made me cringe.

People can like whatever they like. I'm all about freedom of choice, really. But Kanye got big copying RZA's production style and his lyrics are horrible. If people like lyrics like that and don't mind what he's saying, and can just dig how it sounds, that's cool. But for me, listening to Wu-Tang vs. Kanye is like Led Zeppelin vs. Nickelback.

I'm not calling anyone a D-bag either. Just Kanye.

lyrics for his new song.. like really? This is a good song to people?

Let's have a toast for the douchebags,
    Let's have a toast for the assholes,
    Let's have a toast for the scumbags,
    Every one of them that I know
    Let's have a toast to the jerkoffs
    That'll never take work off
    Baby, I got a plan
    Run away fast as you can

She find pictures in my email
    I sent this girl a picture of my, hey!
    I don't know what it is with females
    But I'm not too good with that, hey!
    See, I could have me a good girl
    And still be addicted to them hoodrats
    And I just blame everything on you
    At least you know that's what I'm good at
    Last edited by Jared Gammel; 09-15-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Array

School
    10th planet
    you sound closed minded bro. kanyes lyrics have no meaning or message? i suppose you haven't heard college dropout, late registration, graduation, or 808's and heartbreak? making blanket statements like that makes no sense. if you would take the time to read his lyrics (and I do read lyrics from all rappers like you) you would see that you are most definately wrong. Of course there are radio songs and club songs- what about it? excuse him for trying to make money? We can agree to disagree though, which is the most anyone can ask for.

in reply to your edit: as far as i know it's supposed to be an apology to taylor swift. don't ask me, ask him. why don't you quote "through the wire," "spaceship," or even "street lights." If you want to pick out a song that is obviously meant to mean something other than what the lyrics state( it's called the subtext in literature) and make it some example about how he's an aweful lyricist then you're only lying to yourself.
    Last edited by ninel; 09-15-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by lenin View Post
    you sound closed minded bro. kanyes lyrics have no meaning or message? i suppose you haven't heard college dropout, late registration, graduation, or 808's and heartbreak? making blanket statements like that makes no sense. if you would take the time to read his lyrics (and I do read lyrics from all rappers like you) you would see that you are most definately wrong. Of course there are radio songs and club songs- what about it? excuse him for trying to make money? We can agree to disagree though, which is the most anyone can ask for.

in reply to your edit: as far as i know it's supposed to be an apology to taylor swift. don't ask me, ask him. why don't you quote "through the wire," "spaceship," or even "street lights." If you want to pick out a song that is obviously meant to mean something other than what the lyrics state( it's called the subtext in literature) and make it some example about how he's an aweful lyricist then you're only lying to yourself.
    Agreeing to disagree is fine. Kanye isn't a lyricist. You're the one kidding yourself. He can make money, he's good at it. I said he doesn't bother me as a producer. I haven't listened to his entire discography, you are correct. In the same way I haven't listened to Lady Gaga's whole discography. I've heard enough of his songs to form an opinion for myself, which includes all his singles and college dropout. I don't like his lyrics and I don't like him.

And I'm not close-minded at all. I have a quality filter. I'm not going to take the time to listen to everything by everyone I don't like, plenty of people have the exact same opinion about him as me.

Like I said, people can like whatever they like. It's my opinion that his beats are ok and his lyrics are really bad in comparison to many other Mcs. Look at the lyric I posted of his compared to Inspector Deck's that I posted. You can do that with everything I've heard of his, it just doesn't stand up in my opinion. It's really not even him in particular, I just think the vast majority of rap is terrible.

If you want to make a Kanye thread, do it bro. I'll stay out of it, I promise.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    Let's have a toast for the douchebags,
    Let's have a toast for the assholes,
    Let's have a toast for the scumbags,
    Every one of them that I know
    Let's have a toast to the jerkoffs
    That'll never take work off
    Baby, I got a plan
    Run away fast as you can

She find pictures in my email
    I sent this girl a picture of my, hey!
    I don't know what it is with females
    But I'm not too good with that, hey!
    See, I could have me a good girl
    And still be addicted to them hoodrats
    And I just blame everything on you
    At least you know that's what I'm good at
    LOL when you compare those lyrics to any of WTC, you can't help but laugh.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul

Chea.

Array

School

Keep an eye out for RZA and GZA collaborating on LIQUID SWORDS 2: THE RETURN OF THE SHADOWBOXER coming in 2011

Bumping to blaze up to The Wu

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    + holyfuckballzyess 1

I am a Wu-natic. Always will be. Gza is practically a lyrical savant and they all show moments of utter brilliance.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Wu Tang and Compella and the twister bring the real shit no "stunting"....(One of my favorite tracks)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123