Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    Great episode man. Glover is definitely one of my favorite's and it was cool to learn a little more about him. Loved the triangle setups as well as the roll at the end. Gonna have to check out his DVD's. I'm sure they are epic.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Love Jeff Glover. Fantastic watch, Jake.

I really enjoy what you do with the Rolled Up series.

On a different note, I am curious to know whether or not Mr. Glover receives any hate mail for naming and renaming the chokes (darce, marce, farce, starce & slarce). He should know that all of those have been common in Brazil for years. He is simply taking moves that other people created and renaming them. Really arrogant and classless, in my opinion.
    You inbred ignorant southern piece a poo. But since i am too I agree. Renaming specific variations is classless. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by djradoff View Post
    You do realize that people have been saying the same thing about Eddie for years, regarding the renaming of moves. I think you need to relax a bit. All that humidity down south must have clouded your thinking for a moment. Those varaitions on the name Darce are variations of the original move. A way for him to teach, and for us to retain information. The same thing Eddie is doing, by helping to progress Jiu-Jitsu. By calling Glover arrogant and classless you are inturn denigrading him for doing the same thing that Eddie does and that is just plane ignorant.
    sarcasm wasn't obvious enough, i guess. my apologies.

gotta watch out when calling people "plane ignorant," though. i know a lot about planes.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by djradoff View Post
    You do realize that people have been saying the same thing about Eddie for years, regarding the renaming of moves. I think you need to relax a bit. All that humidity down south must have clouded your thinking for a moment. Those varaitions on the name Darce are variations of the original move. A way for him to teach, and for us to retain information. The same thing Eddie is doing, by helping to progress Jiu-Jitsu. By calling Glover arrogant and classless you are inturn denigrading him for doing the same thing that Eddie does and that is just plane ignorant.
    Its obvious that Brandon was being sarcastic.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

This was an excellent episode Jake! Props!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    sarcasm wasn't obvious enough, i guess. my apologies.

gotta watch out when calling people "plane ignorant," though. i know a lot about planes.
    LOL.

Love Jeff Glover. Fantastic watch, Jake.

I really enjoy what you do with the Rolled Up series.

On a different note, I am curious to know whether or not Mr. Glover receives any hate mail for naming and renaming the chokes (darce, marce, farce, starce & slarce). He should know that all of those have been common in Brazil for years. He is simply taking moves that other people created and renaming them. Really arrogant and classless, in my opinion.
    Well played.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Don't give the guy too much stick, he was right after all! Haha Hilarious Brandon.

Jake, I'm 10 minutes in and I'm laughing my ass off, I love Jeff Glover. We have a seminar here before the ADCC, I CANT WAIT!

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    I love it, thanks Budo Jake.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Makes me happy that you're enjoying it. Makes all the pain worthwhile! Lol.

And Brandon, ya almost roped me in. Almost.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Jake View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. Makes me happy that you're enjoying it. Makes all the pain worthwhile! Lol.

And Brandon, ya almost roped me in. Almost.
    I do love it. I enjoyed the interview in this episode as much or more as I did the actual techs and rolling footage. Hearing him describe what the "art" meant to him was very cool.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast