UFC Rio: Rousimar Palhares

Array

School
    Ronin
    He is going to win.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    I feel for this guy, manual labor is one of the hardest jobs, and he had to do it for bare minimum and living in such conditions.

Love this guy, hugely inspirational! Just don't keep the heelhook on too long this time dude...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Inspiring story! But maybe his mother could have kept those dam legs closed! There would have been more bread to pass around. That's for sure!

Array

School
    American Top Team NY
    great video, jack ur an asshole..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraiz View Post
    great video, jack ur an asshole..
    Really I'm the asshole! Sorry to point out the obvious!!! Yes, maybe your right, people who are very poor should have as many children as possible. His poor mother was very responsible for having 12 kids on a dirt floor. Maybe Chael was right, maybe they were feeding the bus all their carrots. Maybe there's no birth control in Brazil or she never figured out the dump truck method. I'll tell you what; I always feel bad for children with irresponsible parents!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Jack, i think thats just it! The obvious doesnt need to be pointed out.... especially in a crude way as you did- to simply belittle someones mother. unfortunately not everyone is born with the same opportunities... just sayin

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Jack, I think the problem is that it does not belong in a thread that is discussing Rousimar's persistence, or the good things his mother did for him. If this were a documentary on Brazilian society, I could understand. But there are a ton of reasons that could have happened. Maybe she had money before and something happened (unlikely in this situation, I agree), maybe she was raped, maybe she was taught a bunch of bad principles and ideas by her own parents. The point of this, though, was that after her decision to have those children - which I will agree she should not have done if avoidable - she took responsibility and sacrificed her own well being for their good. Many people follow up the poor decision to have even one child with a lifetime a shitty parenting, raising someone who will do the same a generation later. It sounds like this woman matured, took responsibility, and did her best to raise them as best she could.

Making your comment here would be like if you read in the news that a homeless man ran in front of a bus to save a child's life and died. Then the article was said how heroic the homeless guy was and how sad his death was, and you responded with "If he hadn't been homeless, he wouldn't have been there in the first place"

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Evans View Post
    Making your comment here would be like if you read in the news that a homeless man ran in front of a bus to save a child's life and died. Then the article was said how heroic the homeless guy was and how sad his death was, and you responded with "If he hadn't been homeless, he wouldn't have been there in the first place"
    That is a terrible analogy. A more accurate analogy would be if he read a story about a person who fought crack addiction to become a productive member of society with a full time job and Jack said he never would have had to fight addiction if he never smoked crack in the first place. If your going to lecture somebody don't make yourself look dumb in the process.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I've always been a fan of his, but didn't know about his background until recently. What a bad ass dude. To bad he stopped midfight against Marquart! His jiu jitsu is rock solid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast