Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trez Reyna View Post
    the 3 points of death (Triangle, Tepee, Bolt Lock) are just a leg swing away. Try it out. Works for me im about 149 rollin with 190 and up guys.
    This works for me against bigger guys a lot too and try some X-guard sweeps we've been working em in class lately and they seem to work great even on bigger, stronger guys it throws them off balance pretty easily.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Thanks so much for the help guys! I love that anytime I'm having trouble in Jiu Jitsu I can just ask and I always get really useful information. I have a lot to work on.

Array

School
    Phuket Top Team
    Agreed...The teepee is amazing for bigger dudes! The minute he starts posturing I grab the s-grip behind my legs (plus his arm) and my knee is perfectly aligned with his carotid!

The japanese necktie is also money because those big guys are stronger and locking a darce is a struggle for me but if I can manage to secure the vice grip, I just stay in his half guard and fly over and it's a tap 8/10 times!

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Originally Posted by Douglas White
    For bigger and stronger guys I usually go for more leg locks, they are my great equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    +1
    +another 1 on the leg-locks and I'll add the 100percent with a butterfly hook to that

Array

School
    10th Planet
    i usually work half guard. If i cant get lockdown, ill just sweep and try to get into side control to attack or make them burn energy escaping.

you have to outlast the bigger guys, burn them out and catch them slipping.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    YES
    Subs: Triangles, americanas, kimuras, RNCs, leglocks, gogoplatas, bicep/calf crushers
    Transitions: Arm-drags, other ways of taking the back, spider-guard sweeps, shield/93/z-guard sweeps, or anything that keeps their weight off of you.
    NO
    Subs: omoplatas, armbars from guard, crotch rippers, basically anything they can stop by just posturing or going really heavy
    Transitions: most sweeps, again anything they can stop by posturing or going heavy

Mostly I just attack the back and end up with hooks, top position, or a sub in transition. Sweeping is tough, because they are bigger and stronger, so just move around them until they are carrying your weight. For subs, don't lose position for a move that the guy can power out of, or just stop by posturing or going heavy. Play position first, and remember that necks only get so big.

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    I use a move i made up, i call it the barrel of monkeys. when larger people get side control on you , trap their wrist closest to your leg ,slide your ankle thru and push your shin into the bicep . creating a bicep slice you can figure four your legs, or push off on your own ankle driving the bone into there muscle , i have a sweep from there also ,or if they lift away you spin right into butterfly guard .. I need to post it sometime and see what you guys think of it ,

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeO'Laughlin View Post
    I use a move i made up, i call it the barrel of monkeys. when larger people get side control on you , trap their wrist closest to your leg ,slide your ankle thru and push your shin into the bicep . creating a bicep slice you can figure four your legs, or push off on your own ankle driving the bone into there muscle , i have a sweep from there also ,or if they lift away you spin right into butterfly guard .. I need to post it sometime and see what you guys think of it ,
    Something like this I'm assuming?

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    its very similar thanks for adding this, but its more about being controlled form side control with limited space , but i rely on the grip on just wrist control , in mma the glove is such a handle to hold on to, so i just grab right behind the tape .and the sweep in part is is actually to roll the person over you like a summersault keeping arm pinned on your cup ( you end up in side control with the bicep slice and your on top driving your weight into his arm . thanks for the video post

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    If you can get good at x-guard it works well for sweeping larger opponents. From x-guard just do a technical stand up to sweep them. If they stand up with (you have one of their legs over your shoulder at this point) simply kick their hopping leg out. Once you get on top try to stay there and tire them out by constantly moving and transitioning. It can be very hard to hold down a larger opponent but I have found my biggest advantages are my quickness and cardio. So against bigger guys I play a more open top game, constantly moving. If they turn on knees try to get your harness right away and take their back. The rear naked choke is the best sub against larger opponents in my opinion, so you should always be looking to take the back. Also a simple arm-drag from butterfly guard also serves as a good setup to take the back and get that choke. I usually set up x-guard from butterfly guard as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast