Quote Originally Posted by Helge Båtstad View Post
    watching two grown men kicking ballsack wouldt sell that much I guess
    I respectfully differ good sir.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    I would buy the shit out of that!
    I know a site... 19.99 a month all the ball kicking you can take.

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Here is solid proof that the Gi is better...
    No-Gi versus Gi grappling:

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Bellingham Wa
    Saying the Gi is better is laughable. From wrestling and Jiu Jitsu I have 10 years of grappling experience, have done some Amateur mma fights and I have ended up in a couple fights in my life. Nothing to brag about but I consider myself knowledgeable, Gi is for those who are interested in playing a game, No Gi is for self defense. No article of clothing is as durable as a double threaded Gi. You can't collar choke someone wearing a t-shirt or a sweat shirt without tearing it. Trying to a otherwise is a joke, and an indicator of lack of real world experience. I would also wonder why one is one the 10th planet forums if they tout the Gi as supreme....

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    No shorts either!

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bradshaw View Post
    Saying the Gi is better is laughable. From wrestling and Jiu Jitsu I have 10 years of grappling experience, have done some Amateur mma fights and I have ended up in a couple fights in my life. Nothing to brag about but I consider myself knowledgeable, Gi is for those who are interested in playing a game, No Gi is for self defense. No article of clothing is as durable as a double threaded Gi. You can't collar choke someone wearing a t-shirt or a sweat shirt without tearing it. Trying to a otherwise is a joke, and an indicator of lack of real world experience. I would also wonder why one is one the 10th planet forums if they tout the Gi as supreme....
    rapist wear jackets in the winter time, leather, jean, all that shit works. remember the gracies have over 80 years of experience by trial & error & there's plenty of people who love Gi & 10th planet equally, there's really no need for this division

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    So with 10 years experience the GI has helped you nothing?

See, I was guessing that your grip is wicked strong from training in the GI for 10 years and perhaps even your technique is better from training in the GI where everything is about 1/4 of the speed of NOGI.

I personally enjoy training NOGI the most, but I think not using the GI will do nothing but hurt your overall bjj game.

But your GI on even when punching the bag, will make you stronger and faster when the GI is off

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Guess you didn't watch that video I posted.

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    talking about gi vs nogi is like saying judo is better then wrestling (ala Mr. Bravo), different sports guys.

and i don't know about you guys, but if a rapist attacks me (with his jean jacket), i'll be grabbing the head and getting under hooks getting him in my rubber guard, double bagging, getting the zombie, clearing the neck and choking him with my smelly ass foot, not grabbing the collar and pulling them down and trying to choke him with his collar.

but what do i know, i'm just a white belt, i'm sure the brown belts will rip apart my arguement since they've learned with the gi for the past 15 years...what are they suppose to say?

but one thing about the gi, it looks pretty cool.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast