Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Helge Båtstad View Post
    So with 10 years experience the GI has helped you nothing?

See, I was guessing that your grip is wicked strong from training in the GI for 10 years and perhaps even your technique is better from training in the GI where everything is about 1/4 of the speed of NOGI.

I personally enjoy training NOGI the most, but I think not using the GI will do nothing but hurt your overall bjj game.

But your GI on even when punching the bag, will make you stronger and faster when the GI is off
    were you serious about wearing the GI when punching the bag? thats some renato logic right there, funny as hell if you were joking

Array

School
    Glasgow
    Its hard to try to get a .GIF to play lol

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen G. View Post
    Here is solid proof that the Gi is better...
    No-Gi versus Gi grappling:

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    Seriously train in plain clothes that your wear every day after you learn all the gi techniques. You will be amazed at how much stuff works. collars are strong most of the time to get in bow and arrow chokes or use the clothes to break an arm, grab the pants to w/e. pull the shirt up and twist it around their neck. To me "pulling-guard" is stupid as hell. you really are going to just give that rapist your butt hole aye.?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Am I the only bro who takes his clothes off before a street fight? I ain't going to shred my Ed Hardy gear over some beef.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Am I the only bro who takes his clothes off before a street fight? I ain't going to shred my Ed Hardy gear over some beef.
    I bet it would really mess with peoples heads if you also pulled out a mouthpiece and small bottle of oil and oiled yourself up ancient nekkid wrasler style. i would be running away backwards from that guy

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Candelas, BCG View Post
    and i don't know about you guys, but if a rapist attacks me (with his jean jacket), i'll be grabbing the head and getting under hooks getting him in my rubber guard, double bagging, getting the zombie, clearing the neck and choking him with my smelly ass foot, not grabbing the collar and pulling them down and trying to choke him with his collar.
    When I get in street fights, I usually go to inverted or spider guard.
    For one, it makes me look tough. And secondly I can sweep for points
    from that position. After that I work for knee on belly, then go back
    to standing just to prove I'm not trying to just win by points.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Bellingham Wa
    Quote Originally Posted by Helge Båtstad View Post
    So with 10 years experience the GI has helped you nothing?

See, I was guessing that your grip is wicked strong from training in the GI for 10 years and perhaps even your technique is better from training in the GI where everything is about 1/4 of the speed of NOGI.

I personally enjoy training NOGI the most, but I think not using the GI will do nothing but hurt your overall bjj game.

But your GI on even when punching the bag, will make you stronger and faster when the GI is off
    If the Gi has helped you then great. But I will always believe its a huge waste of time, wearing a Gi is playing a game. No Gi is self defense applicable and MMA applicable.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    True dat! My Affliction tshirts from Buckle are way too expensive to be getting ruined
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Since the gi vs nogi debate has popped up again, I'm curious. How many of you that trash on the gi have actually trained in it to form an opinion about it? And aren't just going off of what other people say about the gi.
    I've trained the majority of my 6 years sans the gi. I still enjoy puting it on and rolling with the pajamas. Its fun. Jiu jitsu is jiu jitsu and unless you're really focusing on mma or adcc there's no need to be a hater
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast