Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    At least the east coast still has Coach Herzog!
    +1 i will make it up there...at some point.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Every Man or Woman makes their own decisions as they deem best for themselves and their families. Both kevin and Neale are good people and martial artists. We should wish them well and be supportive, regardless of personal opinion. And on the East coast we have Herzog, and 10th Planet Hartford, CT as well. In Canada there is Louis Ho, and in the Carolinas Jon Helton. So, I think things are well represented on the Right side of the country.

Maybe I'm just buzzed but this feels so odd. You see guys post here a ton, they're really smart good guys, their students are kicking ass, you start taking for granted that you'll always be hearing from this person......then they just vanish. I wonder from an outside perspective, what must they be feeling inside? How do they feel about that part of their life? Is it simply a case of the wrong timing and they still have the love for 10th Planet, or was it just a great opportunity and now it's all behind them and they have a brand new life? I saw the passion, it felt real, I'm sure it was at the time. Is that all 100% gone now? This probably sounds very childish, sorry.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Allen View Post
    Maybe I'm just buzzed but this feels so odd. You see guys post here a ton, they're really smart good guys, their students are kicking ass, you start taking for granted that you'll always be hearing from this person......then they just vanish. I wonder from an outside perspective, what must they be feeling inside? How do they feel about that part of their life? Is it simply a case of the wrong timing and they still have the love for 10th Planet, or was it just a great opportunity and now it's all behind them and they have a brand new life? I saw the passion, it felt real, I'm sure it was at the time. Is that all 100% gone now? This probably sounds very childish, sorry.
    Not really childish at all IMHO. I was shocked to read Kevin had left for another association, because I also could see his passion for the system. Seems weird for lack of a better term. Gabby and VG gone too?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    Not really childish at all IMHO. I was shocked to read Kevin had left for another association, because I also could see his passion for the system. Seems weird for lack of a better term. Gabby and VG gone too?
    They were on the cruise in July, I don't know when these other guys left but as far as I know VJ, Meg, and Gabby are still in...
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    NA
    "That guy his name is Kevin Green. He have a good point. That guy said that you have to wash you ****** clothes. I agree. It don't matter if you train with the Gi or without the Gi,you have to wash. When I wash my Gi, I put a lotta soap - because I have respect for myself. A lotta guys come to train and the rashguard smell like Bacalhau. I don't know why they don't wanna wash. Even if I don't wash my Gi for ONE day,at least I'm gonna put some cologne on my lapel. C'mon Guys. "

- Renato Laranja on Kevin Green

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    They were on the cruise in July, I don't know when these other guys left but as far as I know VJ, Meg, and Gabby are still in...
    ohhhh that sounds like fun! how do I get on the cruise?!

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    Im sad that Delaware pulled out of 10th planet to add Gi , although i still train there for the time being , i still desire to learn the 10th planet system , i have remained strickly nogi

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    As far as me, Gabby and Meg go they will continue to represent 10th Planet JJ. To be honest we are kinda nomads to begin with. We were never full time at 10th planet bear but enjoyed going down and training with Kevin and the crew. Those are all awesome guys down there and their affiliation has no bearing on us training there not. Unfortunately we havnt been down there for a while because Meg broke her arm and Gabby has been training non-stop with a purple belt (last years pan am winner) to get her prepared for pan ams this year. We are into heavy crosstraining (we are currently between 3 schools) so that we get exposed to multiple styles and systems. We train with the leg lock guys...the wrestlers...the gi guys...the no-gi guys..it doesnt matter...the more styles the merrier. We take what we can from each and we apply it to our own game.
    I wish nothing but the best to Kevin and Neale...both of those guys are great grapplers and even better guys. Keep an eye out for Gabby at the Pan Ams this year...she will be representing 10th Planet JJ and has been beasting it every day to get ready for this. She wants to prove shes the best blue belt in the world even though shes only 16 years old. I wouldnt be suprised if we saw her in the cage in the next year either. She found out that she really likes punching people in the face

VJ

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    Kevin sounds like a pussy.
    I would love for you to go and tell Kevin your thoughts in person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast