Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Ortiz vs Mayweather.. (spoiler inside)

So for those of you who watched the fight.. whats your thoughts? were those punches justified by mayweather bc of the headbutt.. or was that a sissy move? I personally think if ur in a boxing ring.. and in the middle of a match.. you should keep your hands up and be ready (at all times), and ortiz kind of had it coming after the headbutt attempt. But what do you guys think?

Array

School
    blank
    they were both at fault. ortiz was being way too apologetic after wrongfully cheapshotting floyd BUT floyd is a total cunt to take advantage of that (especially since he was easily ahead and didn't need to do that to get the win)

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Definitely both in the wrong. Those punches were cheap as fuck whether they were legal or not.

I thought my opinion of PBF couldn't get any worse.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
    I thought my opinion of PBF couldn't get any worse.
    seriously

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Protect yourself at ALL times. Ortiz was frustrated, and committed a very nasty intentional headbutt to Floyd's face, which resulted in him getting a point, and his consciousness, taken away. Yes, Floyd took advantage of the situation because IT WAS LEGAL. It's not Floyd's fault that Ortiz was looking at the referee who was looking at the timekeeper.

The same situation happened in 2005 when Floyd fought Arturo Gatti. The two got tangled when Gatti ducked, and Floyd's forearm ended up behind his head. When Floyd pulled his forearm, he hit Gatti with two shots, which made Gatti look to the referee in protest. The ref did not get between the fighters, or say anything about it, so while Gatti dropped his hands and looked at the ref, Floyd dropped him with a left hook. The difference is, Gatti got up and then got thoroughly dominated over six rounds before his corner stopped the fight.

If those blows didn't end the fight, it'd b an entirely different story. People would be saying "Ortiz headbutted him, so Floyd got even" which would precede the inevitable victory for Mayweather, who looked superior in every way during the one-sided third round where he sliced Victor Ortiz at will.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    it was funny & great entertainment, just what boxing needs, & i love the way he dissed larry merchant, that shit was looooooonnnng over due i hate larry merchant, & he doesn't know shit about boxing, i was wondering when someone would finally point that out

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    surely this has got to set up the Pacqiuo bout... i hate Mayweather but he is a phenomonal boxer and Pacman is the only thing stopping me from considering Mayweather an all time great....Manny's accepted the drug test so let's do it...

Ortiz had balls no question but Mayweather is elite your not gonna beat someone 41-0 just coz you had a bad childhood like that 24/7 episode was banging on about

It's about skill talent speed the science and mayweather owns that shit

those punches can be thrown so mayweather WILL throw them... it didn't happen but there was almost a similar moment in the Mayweather Mosely too i think maybe the 8th round after an elbow landed it looked like mayweather was trying to get off some cheap ones there too...the mans known for doing it and having absolutely no regard for his opponents want to win...he will capitalize and he did....

if that knee had knocked Yushin Okami out @ the end of round 1 in rio do you think people would be calling Anderson cheap? that was wayyyyy afer the bell!