Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Not fair whatsoever, the referee did not say box and restarted the action, he was not even looking, he was trying to make eye contact with one of the judges or time keeper. Mayweather is a good boxer but he is a dick. Any other fighter would have been DQ'ed for that move. I also thought Larry's comeback was great when Mayweather did not wanted to answer anymore questions, got defensive and started barking like a stray dog.

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    absolutely fair.... just not honourable....either way ortiz is on his ass and pacman's on the skipping rope!

Array

School
    Bakersfield Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Ortiz, got what he deserved. You can't head-butt your opponent and then apologize.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Totally shitty but smart. Ortiz clearly cheated but Mayweather was just being unethical while boxing well within the rules. He's a dick but a brilliant dick who quickly figured out the best way to get revenge and the win without breaking the rules.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    This made me a Mayweather fan.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    This made me a Mayweather fan.
    +1

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Totally shitty but smart. Ortiz clearly cheated but Mayweather was just being unethical while boxing well within the rules. He's a dick but a brilliant dick who quickly figured out the best way to get revenge and the win without breaking the rules.
    Pretty much. It was a huge dick move. I'm a PBF fan, and I hate admitting it for crap like this. He gives himself the worst name despite being a boxing genius. I swear, if the guy was more likable, people would consider him a living legend. His boxing is superior. But damn dude. Why'd you have to go out like that?

However, it was legal. Protect yourself at all times. The ref said to go, not to hug. Mayweather being pissed about the headbutt got some quick revenge. But to be honest, I don't even believe that Floyd was going for the KO. Honestly. I think he hit him with the left for quick revenge. But once he saw that Ortiz was stunned, he followed up. He probably expected Ortiz to get up from it. People underestimate Floyd's KO power though.

Dick move? yeah. Legal? yeah.

It was a sucky ending to a fight that could've been much more entertaining even though I'm sure we'd still see Floyd with his hand raised.

Nothing left to do but wait for him to fight Pac now.

Array

School
    blank
    its such a shame because both guys are at fault and the fan lose

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    The first rule of boxing is protect yourself at all times and if you intentionally foul someone you should expect to be fouled in return. If someone punches you below the belt the proper response is to punch them back below the belt. That is the mentality of all the great boxers from the past.

Don't misunderstand me. I believe in being a good sportsman and I never intentionally fouled anyone in competition. 'Two wrongs don't make a right' but Victor should have known better than to headbutt Floyd and after he did he should have known never to let his guard down or take his eyes of Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    The first rule of boxing is protect yourself at all times and if you intentionally foul someone you should expect to be fouled in return. If someone punches you below the belt the proper response is to punch them back below the belt. That is the mentality of all the great boxers from the past.

Don't misunderstand me. I believe in being a good sportsman and I never intentionally fouled anyone in competition. 'Two wrongs don't make a right' but Victor should have known better than to headbutt Floyd and after he did he should have known never to let his guard down or take his eyes of Floyd.
    The problem I have with Floyd in this incident though, is he seemed to pretend he wanted to hug it out and them ambushed the guy.......

If he didnt want an apology, he could have just waved it off flat out. He didnt, he looked to be hugging it out and them blasted the guy. It is nice to see Floyd will commit on a punch when he is sure the guy cant hit back though. Made me like him even less, but I think it was just about the best thing that could have happened for his marketing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast