Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    as I mentioned on my face book the other night, no gracie has ever fought a recorded no holes barred match ever, hear me again, EVER! in all the matches that they held pre ufc, helio always put in that there would be no, eye gouging, no fish hooking, and definately no biting. I come from a long kenpo karate and shotokan backgroung where I was once a nationally ranked fighter. And tournament fighting is far from no contact, this year I have had five ribs broken, a broken foot, and was punched in the throat full power, and at black belt level, with black belt judges, this is expected. And another thing, I've done club security, private security, and bounty hunting, and I can tell you with no unwaivering in my voice, on the fucking ground is the absolutely last fucking place you want to be in a real fight. you will get your head peeeled like a grape. And on a final note, gracie jujitsu is a competition art, meant to compete with in a controlled enviroment, with a judge to yell stop, and gi used to control and submit your opponent. I can't believe that 10th planet guys are even listening to royce gracie and his smug ass bullshit about his art being the best self defense in the world. In a real street fight, I would pluck his eye out as I was biting my intitials into his forehead while I stomp the rest of his ass into the pavement. and as many of you are calling bullshit right now, check the ncdoc as to my record, and you will see that I'm not joking. I love juijitsu as much as anybody, but I no its limitations in real life situations. In the street, There are really no rules, and your next mistake could be your last, so I say fuck all who fuck with me, they can cry to jesus as they try to talk their way into heaven....

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    How does eye gouging, biting, and fish hooking change the importance of any positional fundamental? If anything they are more important when including those attacks.

Array

School
    Burning Sands Gym Cairo Egypt
    Royce is right. This is also one of the reasons why Helio wore a blue belt. This also how they ruined wrestling by making it safe and eliminating the submissions. Tournaments water down the techniques. In my gym we only spare until submission, but we are holding a tournament in December and we it will have to have a point system. I hate this and its my tournament. The real reason is the time limits.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    This jits dosent work stuff sounds like traditional martial arts or boxing talk and its ignorant. I think its hilarious how people are talking about eyegouging biting and fish hooking the only people I see doing things like that are chicks yea there are no rules in a streetfight but seriously if your in a fight poking peoples eyes or anything like that its probably because your getting your ass handed to you and seriously if your stuck in a armbar or a triangle youll be asleep or with a broken arm before you do any damage with your dirty tactics unless your opponents friends are jumping in and even if your standing if multiple people are jumping in your fucked either way ultimatly streetfights arent safe at all no matter what you do standing or using jits so we all should avoid them but again anyone that thinks jits dosent work on the street is just plain wrong am i saying to go into a streetfight and shoot for a double leg and work for positions hell no but if the fight hits the ground as most fights do you need to use your jits to catch your opponent off guard and quickly use it to get up sweep or get a quick submission its a different mentality than sport jits and btw do some research and you will find Rickson was in quite a few streetfights outside the gym

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    How does eye gouging, biting, and fish hooking change the importance of any positional fundamental? If anything they are more important when including those attacks.
    This /\

Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    . I come from a long kenpo karate and shotokan backgroung where I was once a nationally ranked fighter.

Where were you ranked? Just wondering.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Elizondo View Post
    This jits dosent work stuff sounds like traditional martial arts or boxing talk and its ignorant. I think its hilarious how people are talking about eyegouging biting and fish hooking the only people I see doing things like that are chicks yea there are no rules in a streetfight but seriously if your in a fight poking peoples eyes or anything like that its probably because your getting your ass handed to you and seriously if your stuck in a armbar or a triangle youll be asleep or with a broken arm before you do any damage with your dirty tactics unless your opponents friends are jumping in and even if your standing if multiple people are jumping in your fucked either way ultimatly streetfights arent safe at all no matter what you do standing or using jits so we all should avoid them but again anyone that thinks jits dosent work on the street is just plain wrong am i saying to go into a streetfight and shoot for a double leg and work for positions hell no but if the fight hits the ground as most fights do you need to use your jits to catch your opponent off guard and quickly use it to get up sweep or get a quick submission its a different mentality than sport jits and btw do some research and you will find Rickson was in quite a few streetfights outside the gym
    Just to be the devil's advocate here. Catch wrestlers refer to the closed guard as "The Whore Hold" and "The Saturday Night Ride". Social stigmas against different forms of attack doesn't diminish their effectiveness in a fight.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Honestly I dont have a close mind to any style if it works Ill adopt it and use it which is why I love the 10thPlanet community people who talk trash about things like the closed guard are just plain ignorant because once you gain a good understanding of how to utilize the guard you realize that it infact is a great tool I cant respect anyone with a close mind

Dustin C.

(Sigh)

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    When you add in 12 to 6 elbows to the spine on a dude shooting in knees to an opponents head in the 3 point stance head butts in the guard eye gouges fish hooks biting weapons it changes the whole dynamic of a fight honestly the best thing is just being able to adapt.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast