Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Heidi - u think like a real martial artist. Well said.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi McCreery View Post
    Come on guys. It is all Jiu Jitsu. I think if you truly love Jiu Jitsu you would be open to learning every aspect and evolution of it. You are being just as bad as Renato by starting shit like this. So he loves bjj and defends it. So what. You love and defend 10thpjj. I respect gi and nogi, but mostly I respect the people who are open to it all. You have all talked about how Jiu Jitsu is about being open minded. But a lot of you, if it's not 10thpjj than you won't have anything to do with it. That's being very narrow minded. Just stick with what works for you and let others do the same. Don't chastize people for having a fucking opinion. Be open minded. Practice what you preach.
    This is why I love this woman!!! Well said Babe...

Agreed. Very well said Heidi. Just a few possible slight misconceptions that I want to point out.

For starters, many people make this mistake, but 10th Planet JJ is BJJ. It is not a separate entity, but more like a branch of a very large tree. So, we practice and drill any and all techniques that work on a high level for No-Gi. That includes a lot of traditional JJ.

Also, keep in mind that at HQ, people do in fact show Renato proper respect. Eddie doesn't allow people to disrespect one another at the gym. He is very serious about that, so if anyone is being disrespectful, you can bet they are not from HQ.

Renato is a tough cookie, but he is very knowledgeable and just comes from very specific circumstances. Although he can be difficult sometimes, we all definitely appreciate his charisma and talent.

Array

School
    HQ
    Sorry Eddie, I'll try not to.
    “It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard ... is what makes it great.”

@wonderwomandgg @10pwsd @mattherapylife

Array

School
    Laranja Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Renato,

You say that you have to train in the Gi or else you're not doing 'Brazil Jiu Jitsu.' Well, what's it called when you use your art in a fight but you're not wearing your Gi ?
    When you gonna train with weights, do you need to take the weights home with you to see if you gonna have muscles? No. If you train hard,the muscles gonna stay. It's the same with the Gi. That's Jiu-Jitsu.
    Last edited by Renato Laranja; 08-20-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Array

School
    Laranja Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Pepin View Post
    Renato kind of looks like Rassan lol. The only way I could like this guy is if its all an act.
    You so use to foney jiu-jitsu that you don't know when you see the real thing. If you don't like me I don't care. Everything I do is for Jiu-Jitsu. BRASIL Jiu-Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Renato,

If I am going to wear a gi, which color gi should I wear? I noticed you wear a black gi. Does a black gi make your jiu jitsu better than a white gi ?

Its important not to turn this Gi vs no Gi into a Religious following for years to come. Simply be open minded about both. I hardly ever do Gi because I get hot easy but I am wondering if it really does make your Jiu Jitsu better.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Heidi - Will you marry me?

Renato - Will you marry me?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Haha Yeah kinda figured he could be legit never would have brought it up if it wasnt for my friend trying desperately to convince me its another punk. I am not here to hate on anyone or the gi though. Just here for the love of jiu jitsu like everyone else.
    Last edited by Stephan Pepin; 08-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast