Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hotbox Boston?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    I've been to one of Eddie's seminars in Rochester. He didn't teach anything mind-blowing, just the basic rubber guard path for the most part with some "flying" shortcuts. He also didn't give me any personal attention or roll with anyone. Not that I care, I'm just saying I could have watch an episode of MTS and saved myself the drive.
    Obviously you care or you wouldn't have brought it up. Your Troll is shining through.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Obviously you care or you wouldn't have brought it up. Your Troll is shining through.
    Brought up what? The seminar? That message you quoted was me declining David's invitation to go to the seminar. I hadn't even heard of it before then.

Also, regarding the fingers, I remember saying something about the rule of "No fingers in the cuffs" being to protect the practitioner's fingers from being broken. I'm sure you could break your fingers from a legal grip as well, but it is far less probable.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Brought up what? The seminar? That message you quoted was me declining David's invitation to go to the seminar. I hadn't even heard of it before then.

Also, regarding the fingers, I remember saying something about the rule of "No fingers in the cuffs" being to protect the practitioner's fingers from being broken. I'm sure you could break your fingers from a legal grip as well, but it is far less probable.
    Lol,dude it happens all the time, you don't know what you are talking about, again.

I was referring to you bring up that you didn't get any individual attention, which clearly you find a need to have.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Irrational response to solid advice?
    No one in the history of jiu jitsu has said "you are out of shape you should go compete", that is irrational and idiotic and how injuries happen. Why do you think competitors train their asses of and go trough training camps, to get ready for competition, not the other way around.
    Do you discourage your guys from competing? My professor encourages everyone to compete. You learn a lot about yourself, and your jiu jitsu, from competition. His opinion is that, even if you lose your first match, you already beat everyone that was too scarred to sign up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Do you discourage your guys from competing? My professor encourages everyone to compete. You learn a lot about yourself, and your jiu jitsu, from competition. His opinion is that, even if you lose your first match, you already beat everyone that was too scarred to sign up.
    Do you even pay attention around here or do you just open your mouth to hear yourself talk? My guys compete, fight and win almost every weekend. I absolutely encourage my students to compete, when they are prepared for it. The issue is you told Dave to compete when he stated he hadn't been training and he was out of shape. Your advice is irresponsible. Jiu Jitsu is a contact sport, which is potential dangerous especially if one isn't prepared, and even when someone is prepared bad things can happen. Don't try manipulating what was said, we can all go back and see it.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    One thing I have learned on these forums is that you are always right, Zog.

</ discussion>

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Irrational response to solid advice?
    No one in the history of jiu jitsu has said "you are out of shape you should go compete", that is irrational and idiotic and how injuries happen. Why do you think competitors train their asses of and go trough training camps, to get ready for competition, not the other way around.

How about grip fighting in the gi won't do damage to your hands, remember that great tibit of advice. The Gi WILL fuck up your hands ands ask ANY high level Gi Jiu jitsu , Judo or Sambo competitor. Your hands, fingers and wrists get fucking jacked from the GI period. Watch some high level matches almost everyone has tape on their hands and fingers, that's not a fashion statement.

You may THINK its good advice, but that doesn't mean it is.
    2 screws in my left middle finger from the gi... Never put it on again.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    One thing I have learned on these forums is that you are always right, Zog.

</ discussion>
    I know there are a few newbies on here in recent times but one of the golden rules of this forum is Zog is always right because he is actually right. There are a key group of posters on here who have put the hard yards in and have more than earned their dues. They deserve respect because of who they are and their standing in the 10th Planet community. Zog is one of them. B Mac is another. I could go on and mention probably 10-20 more guys so apologies to anyone I have missed.

Over the 3 or so years I have been on here many people have come on and been disrespectful (either intentionally or unintentionally) and it has NEVER ended well for them. Ask questions, feel free to disagree with anything anyone says on here but when an answer isn't to your liking don't carry on the debate.

BTW, I have no personal stake in this. I have never met Zog (or Dave or B Mac or 99% of the people on here), I have never spoken to him, interacted with him, trained with him etc. I know he doesn't need me defending him on here as he is more than capable of doing that himself but for you Joseph, and any one else I would just politely suggest that questioning him or any of the other senior members here in a passive aggressive manner will not work out well for you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567