Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranking

I have a question, if we are a blue belt from a formal training, and want to get promoted, do we need to start over with the 10th planet ranking system? Just wondering...

Array

School
    AVK Submission Grappling
    I was just thinking though also if someone rep'd the 10th planet patch on their shorts in a sanctioned MMA event and won via submission in a fight that was mainly on the ground could that count as a victory or is it just jiu-jitsu matches? Either way its a sweet deal im just currious.

Array

School
    Team Total Revolution (Future 10th Planet)
    I am concerned for the students of Eddie's system that trains with dedication; however are unable to meet the competition requirements. I do not think it is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Cotrell View Post
    I am concerned for the students of Eddie's system that trains with dedication; however are unable to meet the competition requirements. I do not think it is fair.
    Then you can still fly to L.A. and show Eddie what you've got. If you are able to do well against the guys he puts you up with then you can get graduated, too.

A student of mine got graduated by Einstein without competing, too.

The competition requirements are a good source of information about the guy who wants to get ranked. Students at HQ and the affiliated moons have to work hard for their belts. It'd be very unfair if online ranked guys don't have to show that they can execute the techniques in competition.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Has the online grading become an official way to earn a Blue Belt now?

Array

School
    UCA Castle Hill Australia
    Hi Jarrad,

Do people rank this way? I'm in Sydney. My closest moon is in Melbourne. I'm a 4 stripe blue in Gi but want to officially rank in 10P, not just have it recognised.

Array

School
    UCA Castle Hill Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHigh View Post
    Has the online grading become an official way to earn a Blue Belt now?
    Interested in knowing the answer to this too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123