Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    first he shouldnt be laying flat on his back. And yes if you know RG your waiting for that clear the neck opening. So get on your hip like you should be, and double bag that clear to close the door.
    But way to be pushing and looking for more.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson (Weebo) View Post
    first he shouldnt be laying flat on his back. And yes if you know RG your waiting for that clear the neck opening. So get on your hip like you should be, and double bag that clear to close the door.
    But way to be pushing and looking for more.
    People will curl up. Don't lose sight of the prize. If you need them flat on their back and they are curling into you, make em lay flat.

i really don't mean to be disrespectful. But a fist in my back is not going to make me lay flat. It will encourage my roll to hip. I can see your tecnique working on weak rg, But i think its as strong as every other RG breaker. It will work on those that dont know what they are doing. Im sorry, I respect your experience, but i think you are wrong here.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson (Weebo) View Post
    i really don't mean to be disrespectful. But a fist in my back is not going to make me lay flat. It will encourage my roll to hip. I can see your tecnique working on weak rg, But i think its as strong as every other RG breaker. It will work on those that dont know what they are doing. Im sorry, I respect your experience, but i think you are wrong here.
    I really hope you're not trolling Weebo. But I didn't say a fist in the back will make them lay flat.
    But check this: I've used this tech for about two and a half years now. It's worked on black and brown belts, most highly regarded in 10th planet.. So to say they have bad RG technique is almost laughable. They are "highly" regarded in our system.

I'm saying this technique works from experience. I wouldnt have just tried a technique on a couple of guys and say it works. No, I've not been caught in a technique from Rubber Guard for over 2 years. No BS.

Array

School
    Ronin
    So your arms trapped on the right and your posting up on your left foot leaving space in front of your hip whats stopping them from sticking a knee in there and hitting a scissor sweep?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    So your arms trapped on the right and your posting up on your left foot leaving space in front of your hip whats stopping them from sticking a knee in there and hitting a scissor sweep?
    Feeling. Recognition. Awareness.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Remember that EVERY SINGLE move in Jiu Jitsu has many things you can do to beat/defend it. Not one single move is uncounterable, or everyone would just do that. You could hit a scissor sweep, but then he could footlock you, but then you could pass into side control, but then he could inverted triangle you, but then you could..... See?
    That's Jiu Jitsu

Array

School
    Ronin
    Wow thanks for that gleaming insight. I'm pretty sure that's what my question was what's the counter to the sweep, since base is an issue having one arm trapped most instructors give at least a few options or scenarios with every technique.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Wow thanks for that gleaming insight. I'm pretty sure that's what my question was what's the counter to the sweep, since base is an issue having one arm trapped most instructors give at least a few options or scenarios with every technique.
    I don't see the scissors sweep? he's not giving any room for the knee to get in and even if it did, the angle is wrong.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast