Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Fellas, finally!!!
    The Evil Guard:

Here I am at the NoGi World's this year against a guy that was a brown belt I'm guessing for at least a year[3rd in gi worlds, 3rd in pan ams, and 3rd place in this years no-gi worlds]. I was a brown for two months at the time. 6 and a half minutes with no pass, but because he had 3 advantages, I had to start moving, and eventually got messy on the offensive. My guard is that Evil Guard I describe in the link above.

sorry for the delay.

Array

School
    blank
    thanks rick. great post, very much appreciated

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    thanks rick. great post, very much appreciated
    You're welcome Tony.. Hope this helps some.

Array

School
    blank
    i have really been doing the same regarding controlling the head over the last 6 months. its a HUGE detail that i think isn't pushed enough.

i find there are a ton of situations where you can stymie opponents from stiff-arming their head (or to go on a tangent if you can do it where you stiff-arm the head and hold it to the mat when they are in turtle to work 3/4 nelsons or keep them from getting a single leg).

long and short is if you can control the head you can control a large proportion of your opponent. marcelo has mastered the controlling the head whether its for choking, passing.... you name it.

Array

School
    Exactly Tony.. I didn't mention that in the vid, but when you do push the opponent to one side or the other, locking the elbow is key. If you bend the elbow, your arm bends when the apply that pressure back into you. Pimp hand that head!

Array

School
    blank
    word. just like football, its only legal if your arm is already extended when applying it.

Array

School
    No Gi Grappling launceston
    very nice rick,thanks,will be working on this also.

Rick when doing evil guard I see some opennings for the guard to take the outside arm and put it between your legs then lay his chest on your leg and get it down. Since your leg would be holding the leg he wouldn't be able to keep circling but he could crawl/hop to mount.

Has this ever happened just wanted to ask and see what you think
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Martinez View Post
    Rick when doing evil guard I see some opennings for the guard to take the outside arm and put it between your legs then lay his chest on your leg and get it down. Since your leg would be holding the leg he wouldn't be able to keep circling but he could crawl/hop to mount.

Has this ever happened just wanted to ask and see what you think
    Hi Dennis, I believe I'm visualizing this correctly... He would be able to and sometimes he may. I'd try to do my best at pushing his head away, and getting my one shin shield on his chest... Possibly squaring back up to face him. Again, anything can happen you just got to put in the reps to see what you're capable of. For me it's been a game changer. Rafael Mendez passed once today and eventually got to mount for the wrist lock, but that's Rafael... World champs can do things like that. It was interesting to see their reaction to it though.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesguy View Post
    very nice rick,thanks,will be working on this also.
    Thanks James. Drill it and if you ever have any what if scenarios, I'll do my best to explain it over the forum.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast