Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

Thank you all tremendously who competed and came to support at the NoGi Worlds!

A massive thank you to all who laid it on th line by stepping on the mats yesterday at the NoGi Worlds, and all who came to cheer and support, you all made me very proud to be a part of such a fantastic family. Even though there were many ridiculous/bias/anti-10p referee decisions, and even tho we all wish we could've taken home more medals 5 of our 10p brothers looked spectacular.

Mike Dewitt, Adam Sachnoff, Ant Lopez, Mike Hillebrand and Victor Davila.

Mike looked like a machine running over his first 2 opponents. Wait til you see the video, he even had one of his opponents in a crotch ripper. Mike had an amazing day. He then got fucked by the ref in his third fight when the ref gave 2 points to his opponent because he accused Mike of stalling which was total and 100% bullshit. Dude put Mike in 50/50 and Mike couldn't get out so HE gets penalized?? I argued with the ref for 15 minutes. (I argued with refs on 4 different occasions, it was insane the amount of anti-10p bias that was going on)

10pSF purple belt Adam Sachnoff, who won the Gold last year at Blue, ran right thru his first 2 opponents with super polished technique, the 10p support team went nuts. But he was gassed after the 2nd match and got thrown in for the next fight within 10 minutes, nothing
    wrong with the ref in this one, Adam just had nothing left in the tank.

10th Planet Sf's Mike Hillebrand was on fire, he took 2nd in Adult Blue and 3rd in the absolute. I missed his matches so I can't really comment on them but Denny told me he looked awesome.

Victor Davila took the gold in the purple belt masters division with awesome rubber guard and some hilarious shit in the finals, wait for the video, yalls gonna laugh your asses off.

10th Planet Omaha prodigy Ant Lopez took the silver medal in his division tapping out one of his opponents with an arm bar from rubber guard. I missed this match, but I heard it was awesome, can't wait to see the video.

A few more of our soldiers from 10th Planet Portland and El Paso also medaled and looked very sharp as well as 10th Planet real life heros Brent Alvarez and Billy Denney who displayed some beautiful technique, especially Brent in his first match where he went right thru his opponent. Ralf Warneking and Craig Beachamp both took golds in the seniors division.

Again, all in all it was physically a tough day, lots of close losses, lots of heart breaking ref decisions but we'll be back stronger than ever next year. There will be an all new emphasis on wrestling and athleticism in the 10th Planet system, too many close matches that could've been won with some solid wrestling. We only just added a wrestling program a few months ago, but now I will push my HQ competitors into the wrestling classes head first. The classes are taught by D-1 wrestler Rob Rodrigues. It's time to really focus alot more on wrestling now, I should've been more into it before but I have now learned a lesson from this mistake and we all will evolve because of it, thank you all very much for your support!
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 11-07-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet El Paso's head instructor Victor Davila

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet San Francisco

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet Portland's Vladimir Andreyevich and Chad Kyser
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 11-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet super star Mike Dewitt

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

The future Ant Lopez

K Madden

proud of you guys!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

10th Planet Hq's Craig Beachamp and Ralf Warneking

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Thanks for the post Eddie. Congrats all. Well done.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Congrats to Eddie and all the competitors. Can't wait for the videos... hope they are posted on this thread.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast