Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    All I know is that because of greed in the US banking system
    The Australian and US dollars are not
    Far away from being $1 for $1. Federal reserve banks have all the power. The Australian dollar is backed by the gold bullion we have in ou Australian federal reserve. The higher the price
    Of gold, the higher our dollar gets. The amount of gold mined and processed in Australia, plus surplus's from previous budgets and taxes, plus if
    Necessary loans from the reserve bank provide our country with our budgets for the year. So my point is what backs your dollar?

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Ya pretty shitty for GM to put that false sense of accomplishment up. they should not have advertised it as though they were paying that off with profit. But instead they were really giving the money back.

yes, most people, my guess almost everybody, does not understand money just short of the actual fed reserve people. The things that they do and chose not to do with the money are so far beyond even the smartest people that it would be impossible to try and explain it on a forum or 10 minute youtube video. I don't know, but I know that I don't.
    I am sure there is some greed involved in some actions from the fed reserve, but I don't think our country would have had the growth and prosperity for last 100 years (less 5-20) if they weren't doing things that helped our economy.
    Our economy will forever have ups and downs, its about lasting through the downs and postponing the fall of the ups.

Although, I do agree it sucks to see all that money go to places that looking at it in the macro sense doesn't seem to be helping the US economy, but I keep hope that someone a trillion times smarter than me looked at it in at the micro scale and truly believes it will benefit our (the US and World) economy.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    Ya pretty shitty for GM to put that false sense of accomplishment up. they should not have advertised it as though they were paying that off with profit. But instead they were really giving the money back.

yes, most people, my guess almost everybody, does not understand money just short of the actual fed reserve people. The things that they do and chose not to do with the money are so far beyond even the smartest people that it would be impossible to try and explain it on a forum or 10 minute youtube video. I don't know, but I know that I don't.
    I am sure there is some greed involved in some actions from the fed reserve, but I don't think our country would have had the growth and prosperity for last 100 years (less 5-20) if they weren't doing things that helped our economy.
    Our economy will forever have ups and downs, its about lasting through the downs and postponing the fall of the ups.

Although, I do agree it sucks to see all that money go to places that looking at it in the macro sense doesn't seem to be helping the US economy, but I keep hope that someone a trillion times smarter than me looked at it in at the micro scale and truly believes it will benefit our (the US and World) economy.

There's nothing wrong with learning from videos on Youtube or Google.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad Mckay View Post
    Far away from being $1 for $1. Federal reserve banks have all the power. The Australian dollar is backed by the gold bullion we have in ou Australian federal reserve. The higher the price
    Of gold, the higher our dollar gets. The amount of gold mined and processed in Australia, plus surplus's from previous budgets and taxes, plus if
    Necessary loans from the reserve bank provide our country with our budgets for the year. So my point is what backs your dollar?
    It isn't because of the greed of America, it is because of the criminal acts of a system of central banks in countries around the world. The central banks are in control of the value of currency.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    23 Trillion is WAYYYYYYY off. That is considerably more than the entire U.S. budget (which for 2010 is 3.6 trillion). 23 trillion is more money than is currently in circulation worldwide. Bear in mind 1 trillion is 1,000 billion and 1 billion is 1,000 million.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    There's nothing wrong with learning from videos on Youtube or Google.
    I wasn't saying that there was something wrong with learning from "a" video from youtube, I was just pointing out that there is alot more information that is bad or poorly explained than there is good. Consider the motives behind who is making the video and what why?

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    ^^ Ryan, Thanks for the links, I'll scan through them.

I am a public accountant and have taken enough classes to know that I don't know.

As far as reading the book, I try not to read books that are from one sided arguments. I find myself getting angry and frustrated due to the use of personal assumptions mixed between facts thus confusing me whats opinion and what is fact.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    ^^ Ryan, Thanks for the links, I'll scan through them.

I am a public accountant and have taken enough classes to know that I don't know.

As far as reading the book, I try not to read books that are from one sided arguments. I find myself getting angry and frustrated due to the use of personal assumptions mixed between facts thus confusing me whats opinion and what is fact.
    I'm sure you know a lot more about how to manage money than me. I've been learning a great deal over the last few years and from what I've seen, the banking industry is highly suspect. Fractional Reserve Lending plus each nation having a central bank that issues the currencty at interest to the government is the cause of debt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad Mckay View Post
    China

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    The bigger question is.... Why do we borrow money to begin with??? Why not print our own money like Lincoln did? The government doesn't have to borrow money from a private entity. The Civil War was funded with "Green Backs". It's funny how the National Debt is equal to our countrys gross income for one year. Just give the money back and start fresh, problem solved. STOP BORROWING. Andrew Jackson beat the banks, time for someone new to do the same. Ron Paul 2012!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast